CWood21

1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

I'm just happy that our GM is drafting DL and no OG, WR or TE with a premium pick.

Theres two very clear different sort of EDGE guys in today's NFL. Dont expect Gary to drop often ala a clay or fack. Hes a DE/OLB. If its 3rd and long you could stack him and zad or flip him and Preston out there. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Except he's not. Dude ate up blocks so Winovich and Bush could thrive. They owe their NFL check to that man. As was mentioned, he was the guy other teams schemed against and double/triple teamed. 

Another guy who is paid to be invisible but does a great job of it 

Just now, cannondale said:

Another guy who is paid to be invisible but does a great job of it 

He's not going to be put in that role anymore so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. Feel like you're going to dislike it no matter what's said. He's got crazy tools and was selfless for Michigan. But, ya know, he sucks.

Just now, Mr Bad Example said:

Lokks like Tarzan, plays like Jane

Again...not even remotely true. It's almost like you people have no idea what you're talking about or something. He was asked to do a job and he did it. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's not going to be put in that role anymore so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. Feel like you're going to dislike it no matter what's said. He's got crazy tools and was selfless for Michigan. But, ya know, he sucks.

The thing is - I don't know what Gary does well, but I hope that he succeeds with whatever we ask him to do. Keep It Like-able & Learn-able.

FWIW, in the phone interview with Packer media he said the shoulder is 110% and won’t need surgery.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm not saying anything hundreds haven't already said. It's more of a reach to think the light will suddenly go on for no reason whatsoever

Just now, VonKarman said:

I'm just happy that our GM is drafting DL and no OG, WR or TE with a premium pick.

I love you, VonKarman. 

I like the athletic ability, but I have a hard time talking myself into this pick. No production at all

Just now, pacman5252 said:

I like the athletic ability, but I have a hard time talking myself into this pick. No production at all

Production isnt always everything. 

Just now, deathstar said:

The thing is - I don't know what Gary does well, but I hope that he succeeds with whatever we ask him to do. Keep It Like-able & Learn-able.

Honestly, he wasn't asked to do much from a pass rush standpoint so he's a ball of clay there. Gonna be really teachable. I blame Dom Brown and Jim Harbaugh for not taking advantage of his talents and asking him to be a space eater. I'm excited to see what Pettine can do with him.