1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I"m watching his moves....and I would like for him to actually show up in a stat line someday.

Other rookies are producing around the league.

Given what we've heard of Gary in camp...and in the gym...and from what we've seen after he dropped some weight, I would think that some of it needs to translate to the field.

To me, it is very odd that it hasn't.

I'm going to give him a very long leash.  As in 2 years.  But, given the encouraging signs early?  I expected more from him on the field than what we have gotten.

Unfortunately his flaws are going to give him very real problems until he gets them worked out.  He lets tackles get their hands in his chest for free pretty often, and in the NFL you're just done when that happens.  He'll figure it out with some time, he's shown a few decent rushes, but when you have poor technique and no plan all the athleticism in the world can only do so much.  And as others have said, when he gets to tee off on an actual pocket passer he'll look better.

Lamar Jackson, Joe Webb and that Mcsorely.... our edge players played a lot of contain an them. Our edge rushers gonna get some legit pass rush opportunities a couple hours from now. If Gary don’t flash, ill start to question him some. But I expect him to come out and quiet the doubters tonight.

plus, all that quiet tape of him playing contain. Da Raidahs don’t know what’s coming. He might even make our jaws drop once or twice. 

Edited by boratt

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I"m watching his moves....and I would like for him to actually show up in a stat line someday.

It's all been broken down (21, new position, just 3 weeks into his first camp). If you're just going to disregard all that, then there's nothing to discus other then complaints.

Gary isn't going to have a great season until he develops some counter moves. Literally has a bull rush and that's it. I focused on him alone for his reps, bull rush every time. He did stunt for the first time, pushed the pocket and caused an incompletion. 

He'll make an impact this year in 2 ways. He's going to be just about unblockable on stunts, and we'll certainly have him at 3T in some nickel packages and he'll win by beating a guard off the ball. He'll get an occasional bull rush win as an EDGE, but he's not ready to be a force there. Smith better see the need for more pitches in his pass rush offering or he'll bust. No reason he can't have a spin, swim, outside/in, etc.. the only thing I don't think he'll have is a one arm stab into running the arc. After seeing him in person now, he's not fluid enough. At 6'5 275 if he was fluid enough to do that you'd be talking about a GOAT potential pass rusher because he sure as hell is explosive and blessed when it comes to the movement skills. Hips are a bit tight though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 86Capers said:

Not sure where I should post this, but Brian Burns has four sacks so far this preseason. I hope Gary becomes an absolute stud and proves me wrong, but I have a feeling this one’s gonna hurt.

Gary whiffed on the first tackle and laid down due to hurt pride. He whiffed on a second tackle but got up jumped on the gang tackle, then he laid down... Hmmm....