1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

Just another instance of people being inpatient. Shocker!!

Listen, it’s not even close to being time to worry about Gary. Not even remotely close. Let the people who say ‘ he sucks’ talk now, but just like the people who said our offense ‘sucked’ during the first few weeks they’ll eat their words ( or more likely say they knew all along he’d come around) . 

People need to calm down for real . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Listen, it’s not even close to being time to worry about Gary. Not even remotely close. Let the people who say ‘ he sucks’ talk now, but just like the people who said our offense ‘sucked’ during the first few weeks they’ll eat their words ( or more likely say they knew all along he’d come around) . 

Any chance we get anything before he demands 100 million ?

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What are the expectations for the #12 pick halfway into his rookie season?

It's not being overly negative to say the dude has sucked through 7 games. 

The other edge guys who were drafted in the 1st round.

Nick Bosa: 4

Clelin Ferrell: 1

Brian Burns: 4.5

Montez Sweat: 1.5

LJ Collier: 0

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So of the 6 drafted he's been right in the middle tied with Ferrell and behind guys who are starting right? Bosa and Burns are starting and I would venture a guess they have both had easier comp to date then we have. I guess Ferrell and Collier suck too.

How many of those players have 13 sacks in 7 games playing in front of them?

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

So of the 6 drafted he's been right in the middle tied with Ferrell and behind guys who are starting right? Bosa and Burns are starting and I would venture a guess they have both had easier comp to date then we have. I guess Ferrell and Collier suck too.

Need to look at snap counts too. 

How many of them have 32 fewer snaps than a JAG like Fackrell?

That doesn't really change the fact that Gary has been limited in his snaps due to the quality of the play ahead of him.  I would venture to say that the choice between Gary and Fackrell is situational.  If it was ability based, Fackrell would get more snaps, and Gary even fewer. 

If one of the Smith's goes down, then we will get a better sense of what Gary is. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The guy has limited opportunities, and you know it’s not because ‘ he sucks’. But, you know that. You know snaps are limited with The Smiths. 

Is he a good NFL player right now, no. But given his limited opportunities he’s certainly shown the signs you’re looking for. 

Bottom line :

He’s 21

7 games into his NFL career

playing a new position

Behind two very good edge rushers and another competent player 

When he’s played, he’s had good moments and hasn’t been embarrassed. 

Give it time . 

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

That doesn't really change the fact that Gary has been limited in his snaps due to the quality of the play ahead of him.  I would venture to say that the choice between Gary and Fackrell is situational.  If it was ability based, Fackrell would get more snaps, and Gary even fewer. 

If one of the Smith's goes down, then we will get a better sense of what Gary is. 

He's had 100 snaps and has 1 QB hit. He sucks as a pass rusher on a per snap basis. If he was playing well on a per snap basis this would be a different conversation. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The guy has limited opportunities, and you know it’s not because ‘ he sucks’. But, you know that. You know snaps are limited with The Smiths. 

Is he a good NFL player right now, no. But given his limited opportunities he’s certainly shown the signs you’re looking for. 

Bottom line :

He’s 21

7 games into his NFL career

playing a new position

Behind two very good edge rushers and another competent player 

When he’s played, he’s had good moments and hasn’t been embarrassed. 

Give it time . 

His snaps aren't limited because of the Smiths. He's limited because he's being outplayed by Kyler Fackrell. 

What signs has he shown?

He's not playing a new position. 

He hasn't had good moments. What the hell does getting embarrassed qualify for if not a pressure percentage of like 2%

He's had 100 snaps and has 1 QB hit. He sucks as a pass rusher on a per snap basis. If he was playing well on a per snap basis this would be a different conversation. 

this is bull****.  In Khalil Macks first 100 snaps, he had fewer QB hits and was playing against 2 bad teams.

You don't have the sample size necessary to make this statement.  

25 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yes, Ferrell and Collier do suck. 

5 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

this is bull****.  In Khalil Macks first 100 snaps, he had fewer QB hits and was playing against 2 bad teams.

You don't have the sample size necessary to make this statement.  

I have no way of verifying this, but I also don't see how it's relevant. Mack was a good player on a down to down basis in the run game and overall from day 1.

Gary hasn't shown any signs of being able to rush the passer at a pro level.