1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

12 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Gary is improving.  He’s looked pretty solid the last couple of weeks.  He’s still far from being a force, but I am excited to see what he looks like with a full offseason to work on his rush moves.  

I thought he had some really good reps against the Bears.  He's getting more now, and I dare say, doing more with them.

I kind of like seeing him with his hands down and exploding off of the line.  Keeps him lower and dang he is explosive.

If he can ever learn to handfight he's gonna be a handful.  Love that pressure set with the Smiths, Gary and Clark.

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm actually ready for Gary to start seeing more snaps. Felt like I kept looking for him after the sack and all I saw was 51 in there with the Smiths. 

#51 = 356 snaps and 1 sack.

#52 = 216 snaps and 2 sacks.

I keep waiting for Fackrell to come up with one of his out of nowhere, unexpected sacks with all the opportunities he is getting. Has not happened so far.

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

#51 = 356 snaps and 1 sack.

#52 = 216 snaps and 2 sacks.

I keep waiting for Fackrell to come up with one of his out of nowhere, unexpected sacks with all the opportunities he is getting. Has not happened so far.

I would love to see hurries. I know Fackrell had a really good pass rush that almost got home but Turd had to leave the pocket.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I thought he had some really good reps against the Bears.  He's getting more now, and I dare say, doing more with them.

I kind of like seeing him with his hands down and exploding off of the line.  Keeps him lower and dang he is explosive.

If he can ever learn to handfight he's gonna be a handful.  Love that pressure set with the Smiths, Gary and Clark.

I'm far from an expert on this, but when I watch him it looks like he's trying to use the motion of handfighting but doesn't really know how to make the action translate into useful results. Just looks like he's chopping his hands like mad off the snap and his feet are doing their own thing. That package with the Smiths and Clark though could be something if he keeps his momentum up.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

God, I almost prefer the overwhelming negativity that this thread would be if Gary was having the exact same season as a Ted draft pick.

Man's having a 300 snaps season on terrible per snap rushing efficiencies and everybody's ******* happy. Amazing.

Night and day difference of Gary the last two weeks and Gary to start the season, that's why everyone's happy. You have to change the mood though because happiness in this thread is not your cup of tea.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

God, I almost prefer the overwhelming negativity that this thread would be if Gary was having the exact same season as a Ted draft pick.

Man's having a 300 snaps season on terrible per snap rushing efficiencies and everybody's ******* happy. Amazing.

You must be fun at parties. That being said everyone knew Gary was a project. I am not expecting much of him this year but I do want to see growth and so far that is what we have seen. 

Just now, Spartacus said:

You must be fun at parties. That being said everyone knew Gary was a project. I am not expecting much of him this year but I do want to see growth and so far that is what we have seen. 

Is it growth, or is it statistical noise? One coverage sack against the Bears isn't automatically growth.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is it growth, or is it statistical noise? One coverage sack against the Bears isn't automatically growth.

I think he has looked better in his general pass rushes too. I still don't expect much of him this year. By next year though I want to see improvement. 

Just now, Spartacus said:

I think he has looked better in his general pass rushes too. I still don't expect much of him this year. By next year though I want to see improvement. 

He's played 38 total snaps the past three weeks (not including the Bears game which hasn't been posted yet) he's barely playing. 

While I think we all would agree that Gary's rookie year has been quiet these figures scream an agenda to those who have watched all 14 games 

Crediting him with only 1 hurry and 1 knockdown for the season is either someone with an agenda to make it seem worse, or a case of liars figuring and figures lying.

Just now, hitnhope said:

While I think we all would agree that Gary's rookie year has been quiet these figures scream an agenda to those who have watched all 14 games 

Crediting him with only 1 hurry and 1 knockdown for the season is either someone with an agenda to make it seem worse, or a case of liars figuring and figures lying.

I'll let you get into it with PFR then:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaryRa00.htm

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nobody is throwing a parade for the guy, just mentioning that he has looked better is recent weeks.  Take it easy, no need to be negative about every last thing.

• Like 1