1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean he threw Reiff on his ***. Z's foot may have gotten tangled up in there, but that was a clear win by Gary. A dominant win. Would have been a sack had Cousins not had a check down right in front of him. 

If Reiff doesn't trip over Z, it's not a win. Watch Reiff's left foot and Z's right foot.

AHQ36xeh.gif

Oh boy, I knew this one would be brought up when I was going through it. 

It is what it is, Gary pushed Reiff tripped, meh. Reiff has trouble with his feet often so that's just part of the game. Not much to love or hate.

There was another against Reiff that shows off Garys speed nicely. Sets Reiff up outside, his footwork is terrible, Gary crosses him up and gets a hit between Reiff and the G. He had a few fine rushes, a couple heads up plays they obviously worked on against the screen and I honestly don't remember many run game reps.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Starting to Flash that the Tackle tripped on Zadarius Smith???

That's a win without Z in the picture at all. There's no way Reiff is not getting put on skates there. Granted Reiff is overpaid and sucks but Gary with that buildup and attacking from that angle, Reiff and his poor bend are getting walked into the QB. Z being there is actually a hindrance to Gary.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

That's a win without Z in the picture at all. There's no way Reiff is not getting put on skates there. Granted Reiff is overpaid and sucks but Gary with that buildup and attacking from that angle, Reiff and his poor bend are getting walked into the QB. Z being there is actually a hindrance to Gary.

Come on, we have no way of knowing that. 

NFL Tackles recover from that all the time. Hell, ours are coached to invite that rush. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Come on, we have no way of knowing that. 

NFL Tackles recover from that all the time. Hell, ours are coached to invite that rush. 

I watched it happen to Reiff all game, he doesn't have an anchor. I never said it was anything outstanding from Gary, still much better than earlier weeks. However just like a team, you can only win against who your up against, that's going to beat Reiff.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

That happened to be the one play where I said "gonna watch Gary on this rep" lol

I should do that more often?

Thinking you had like 4 chances to see Gary on the field, then say "I'm gonna watch Gary on this rep".

Still...we should be pretty happy to see that he's improved.  

Prediction for Sunday

Bosa : .5 sack 2 Tkls  (half sack is the result of Rodgers holding onto the ball too long)

Gary: 2 sacks 1 FF recovered by Preston (sets us up in field goal range we drain the clock and seal the win with a Crosby kick) 

Gary goes into 2021 with the fan base loving him, starts the season with confidence and more playing time. I win the lottery, retire and move to New Zealand. 

• Like 2