1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

On 9/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, MantyWrestler said:

Not a bad game all around for our OLB’s. Not like Z and Preston tore it up either. The Viking OL is not great but they’re good at OT. Too bad Clark went down. The rush slowed after his absence. 

Yes, I keep telling people Clark inside rush makes the edge rushers so much better.

Also I haven't study film, but based on someone comments, I'm wondering if Preston is tacking Fackrell's coverage snaps, and Gary is taking Preston's pass rushes from last year... not all of them, but the numbers are different, where Preston will clearly get less pass rush attempts.... of course that could make the surprise of when he does do it more exciting.

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Yes, I keep telling people Clark inside rush makes the edge rushers so much better.

Also I haven't study film, but based on someone comments, I'm wondering if Preston is tacking Fackrell's coverage snaps, and Gary is taking Preston's pass rushes from last year... not all of them, but the numbers are different, where Preston will clearly get less pass rush attempts.... of course that could make the surprise of when he does do it more exciting.

Preston is always the drop man when we rush 4 out of the 3-3 and he seems to always be the drop man when we rush 4 out of the Gary-Z-Preston-Lowry-Lancaster 2-4.

Unless we're rushing 5, playing the 2 ILB nickel, or playing the dime, he seems to be dropping this year. 

It kinda sucks

He literally did not rush the passer on a standard down against the Vikings in the first half. He got one rush on a standard down off of a 5-man blitz the entire game. He didn't rush the passer in the 1st quarter.

His rushes in the first half were:

3rd and 8 with 6:50 left in the 2nd quarter. (Pressure Package)

1st and 10 with 0:39 left in the 2nd quarter.

2nd and 10 with 0:34 left in the 2nd quarter.

1st and 10 with 0:07 left in the 2nd quarter.

+++

His rushes in the second half were:

3rd and 8 with 5:05 left in the 3rd quarter (Pressure Package)

1st and 10 with 0:03 left in the 3rd quarter (5 man blitz)

After 9:55 in the 4th quarter we played the rest of the game in the 1-4 dime so he rushed on those snaps. We stopped matching personnel at that point. 

+++

These were my favorites though.

3rd and 16 with 12:34 to go in the 3rd quarter

WQ8AemF.png

2nd and 6 with 5:48 to go in the 3rd quarter

Vi7hjFH.png

Edited by AlexGreen#20

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Preston is always the drop man when we rush 4 out of the 3-3 and he seems to always be the drop man when we rush 4 out of the Gary-Z-Preston-Lowry-Lancaster 2-4.

Unless we're rushing 5, playing the 2 ILB nickel, or playing the dime, he seems to be dropping this year. 

It kinda sucks

He literally did not rush the passer on a standard down against the Vikings in the first half. He got one rush on a standard down off of a 5-man blitz the entire game. He didn't rush the passer in the 1st quarter.

His rushes in the first half were:

3rd and 8 with 6:50 left in the 2nd quarter. (Pressure Package)

1st and 10 with 0:39 left in the 2nd quarter.

2nd and 10 with 0:34 left in the 2nd quarter.

1st and 10 with 0:07 left in the 2nd quarter.

+++

His rushes in the second half were:

3rd and 8 with 5:05 left in the 3rd quarter (Pressure Package)

1st and 10 with 0:03 left in the 3rd quarter (5 man blitz)

After 9:55 in the 4th quarter we played the rest of the game in the 1-4 dime so he rushed on those snaps. We stopped matching personnel at that point. 

+++

These were my favorites though.

3rd and 16 with 12:34 to go in the 3rd quarter

WQ8AemF.png

2nd and 6 with 5:48 to go in the 3rd quarter

Vi7hjFH.png

This is just so counterproductive lol, there was a play he was covering swift too yesterday for an easy completion. I would just always rush him with the occasional drop. 

11 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Gary might be better than a Preston already.

No, he's really not.

P/Smith is an excellent versatile pro. He's sacrificing his game, like Clay did, for the betterment of the team. If he had Gary's responsibilities he'd be flashing, too.

Gary still has a lot of Baby Huey in him. His freakish physical ability is flashing now, as expected by everyone paying attention to his development. But, he's still very much an unfinished product. 

On 11/11/2019 at 8:22 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's averaging a pressure once every 3 games. He's not flashing. He's basically Tyler Lancaster at a position where being Tyler Lancaster isn't as helpful to the defense.

LOL- that was such ridiculous analysis.... Keep on hatin', no bandwagoners. It'll also keep you warm in the winter.