1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

There's a proverb that's obtuse and became  a tired cliché  on message boards, but it's really apt here... Get a life.

You're entitled to your hate, but still, a little respect for the procedures, mods and posters here is worthwhile.

50 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's starting to take things to a different level, and it's great to see.

I think he’s in a perfect situation to thrive. From the guys in front of him, to his position coach, to Pettine’s system that allows OLBs to eat. You’re right, though without the right attitude and work ethic, it wouldn’t matter. He seems like a guy who is all in. I hope he becomes a force.

Just now, Donzo said:

There's a proverb that's obtuse and became  a tired cliché  on message boards, but it's really apt here... Get a life.

You're entitled to your hate, but still, a little respect for the procedures, mods and posters here is worthwhile.

You're right.  An average of thirty minutes a day making jokes on a forum means I have no life.

I'll worry about my life, you worry about your need for a football forum to be 100% serious.

Certain people have their things.  @packfanfb has posters of Ray Lewis in his bedroom, in his bathroom, he has a 24x36 poster of Brian Urlacher framed in place of the rearview mirror in his car.  He keeps talking about inside linebackers.  He loves inside linebackers. 

@skibrett15 has a thing for kickers.  He can attempt a 50 yard field goal.  Mason Crosby is 100% on the season. 

@Packerraymond loves using 6th overall picks for receivers who can't catch touchdowns in the red zone. 

@Norm hates America and loves EA Sports.

@Leader doesn't believe in curses or the cosmic power of the unknown rules of football and gameday threads.

@CWood21 is a communist.

@incognito_man is a hippie. 

@AlexGreen#20 is a 76-year-old man who yells at children to get off his lawn.

@Shanedorf kills chipmunks.

@JBURGE listens exclusively to Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand. 

I want Aaron Rodgers to throw checkdown passes more often.  I want him to take less time in the pocket.  I want him to get rid of the ball quicker.  He's doing all that.  I can't complain about Rodgers in the slightest bit this season.  So I go to the weakest link, which is our boneheaded defensive coordinator having Preston Smith cover slot receivers and running backs instead of rushing the passer among other things (putting Will Redmond in at linebacker on third and goal from the 1 yard line). 

The fact of the matter is that everybody here knows I'm full of hyperbole, that I feign complete and total rage at certain things, and that I'm either 76% serious or 37% serious with a lot of tongue-in-cheek hubris and bravado along the way.  Every once in a while I'm proven irrevocably wrong, I acknowledge it and then move along.  I harp on a lot of things and I don't tell people to get a life when they're adding conversation and posts to a forum that relies exclusively on conversation and posts. 

Do I bother some people along the way?  Yep.  More often than not it's when I get proven right again and again and people can't handle the fact that they're wrong and I'm right.  Do I tell people to get a life when they keep harping on their thing?  Nope, I joke around with them and tag them relentlessly.  Some of them are great sports about it.  Packerraymond is a great sport about it.  Packfanfb is a great sport about it.  Skibrett is a great sport about it.  Why?  Because it's funny.  @Arthur Penske does the same damn thing to me, tagging me when he's got good points.  Sometimes he tags me on something that doesn't make any sense for what I'm stating and I get a little confrontational when I get upset that he doesn't get my point, but I'd like to say more often than not I acknowledge his point.  This just happened somewhere literally 15 minutes ago.

So when people like Beast can't hack a little jeering and jawing, I really have no sympathy because all that means is they're a sourpuss who can't handle a little jeering and jawing.  When someone tells me to get a life because I keep harping on something, I really have no sympathy.  Especially considering you have the option to ignore me. 

You have the option to ignore me just like I have the option to ignore others.  I can literally block them.  The problem with that, however, is that I'm not sensitive and I can handle when people have completely different opinions to me, and the reality is that nobody here would stay here if everyone agreed with everything everybody said.  Nobody.  Conformity is boring, and it leads to ESPN levels of group think.  You pay your QB, you need offensive weapons, you punt on 4th and 7 from the 50 yard line.  You kick the extra point when you score a TD late after trailing by 14 points.  The reality is that none of that is true, and group think in football is what keeps teams from constantly doing the right thing.

In regards to firing Pettine, sure, I'm a bit of a broken record.  Most of that is joking.  This thread I responded to Packerraymond making a joke at my expense.  It snowballed from there.  The truth at the heart of the matter is that there is precedent for firing a coordinator being the boost a team needs to win a Super Bowl.  The Ravens fired their offensive coordinator midseason, won the Super Bowl.  History shows that the vast majority of defensive coordinators get worse the more years they're on a certain team.  You can literally track the vast majority of defensive coordinators and show that they give a team a BIG boost in their first year, then peak in their second year before never attaining those heights again.

So block me if it makes you feel better. I don't really care.  I'm going to keep going the way I've always gone and keep having fun on a ****ing football forum.  I'll continue to worry about my life and whether or not I need to get one.  You worry about your own, and God bless America. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Just wait until I get started on Pettine in the Other Sports subforum. I’ve got a lot of thoughts on how he directly contributed to the online poker becoming illegal.

Where can we sign to get him fired into the sun along with Frist, Kyl, and Preet?

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You're right.  An average of thirty minutes a day making jokes on a forum means I have no life.

I'll worry about my life, you worry about your need for a football forum to be 100% serious.

Certain people have their things.  @packfanfb has posters of Ray Lewis in his bedroom, in his bathroom, he has a 24x36 poster of Brian Urlacher framed in place of the rearview mirror in his car.  He keeps talking about inside linebackers.  He loves inside linebackers. 

@skibrett15 has a thing for kickers.  He can attempt a 50 yard field goal.  Mason Crosby is 100% on the season. 

@Packerraymond loves using 6th overall picks for receivers who can't catch touchdowns in the red zone. 

@Norm hates America and loves EA Sports.

@Leader doesn't believe in curses or the cosmic power of the unknown rules of football and gameday threads.

@CWood21 is a communist.

@incognito_man is a hippie. 

@AlexGreen#20 is a 76-year-old man who yells at children to get off his lawn.

@Shanedorf kills chipmunks.

@JBURGE listens exclusively to Celine Dion and Barbara Streisand. 

I want Aaron Rodgers to throw checkdown passes more often.  I want him to take less time in the pocket.  I want him to get rid of the ball quicker.  He's doing all that.  I can't complain about Rodgers in the slightest bit this season.  So I go to the weakest link, which is our boneheaded defensive coordinator having Preston Smith cover slot receivers and running backs instead of rushing the passer among other things (putting Will Redmond in at linebacker on third and goal from the 1 yard line). 

The fact of the matter is that everybody here knows I'm full of hyperbole, that I feign complete and total rage at certain things, and that I'm either 76% serious or 37% serious with a lot of tongue-in-cheek hubris and bravado along the way.  Every once in a while I'm proven irrevocably wrong, I acknowledge it and then move along.  I harp on a lot of things and I don't tell people to get a life when they're adding conversation and posts to a forum that relies exclusively on conversation and posts. 

Do I bother some people along the way?  Yep.  More often than not it's when I get proven right again and again and people can't handle the fact that they're wrong and I'm right.  Do I tell people to get a life when they keep harping on their thing?  Nope, I joke around with them and tag them relentlessly.  Some of them are great sports about it.  Packerraymond is a great sport about it.  Packfanfb is a great sport about it.  Skibrett is a great sport about it.  Why?  Because it's funny.  @Arthur Penske does the same damn thing to me, tagging me when he's got good points.  Sometimes he tags me on something that doesn't make any sense for what I'm stating and I get a little confrontational when I get upset that he doesn't get my point, but I'd like to say more often than not I acknowledge his point.  This just happened somewhere literally 15 minutes ago.

So when people like Beast can't hack a little jeering and jawing, I really have no sympathy because all that means is they're a sourpuss who can't handle a little jeering and jawing.  When someone tells me to get a life because I keep harping on something, I really have no sympathy.  Especially considering you have the option to ignore me. 

You have the option to ignore me just like I have the option to ignore others.  I can literally block them.  The problem with that, however, is that I'm not sensitive and I can handle when people have completely different opinions to me, and the reality is that nobody here would stay here if everyone agreed with everything everybody said.  Nobody.  Conformity is boring, and it leads to ESPN levels of group think.  You pay your QB, you need offensive weapons, you punt on 4th and 7 from the 50 yard line.  You kick the extra point when you score a TD late after trailing by 14 points.  The reality is that none of that is true, and group think in football is what keeps teams from constantly doing the right thing.

In regards to firing Pettine, sure, I'm a bit of a broken record.  Most of that is joking.  This thread I responded to Packerraymond making a joke at my expense.  It snowballed from there.  The truth at the heart of the matter is that there is precedent for firing a coordinator being the boost a team needs to win a Super Bowl.  The Ravens fired their offensive coordinator midseason, won the Super Bowl.  History shows that the vast majority of defensive coordinators get worse the more years they're on a certain team.  You can literally track the vast majority of defensive coordinators and show that they give a team a BIG boost in their first year, then peak in their second year before never attaining those heights again.

So block me if it makes you feel better. I don't really care.  I'm going to keep going the way I've always gone and keep having fun on a ****ing football forum.  I'll continue to worry about my life and whether or not I need to get one.  You worry about your own, and God bless America. 

Wish you weren't so f*****g awkward, bud