1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Its a letterkenny quote. Its a fairly obscure reference already, so if you change it more you run the risk of missing the landing altogether. Its a fine line us show quoters run.

Oh **** I didn't even get it. I have not seen enough of that. I can't even stop laughing long enough, I rewind like every bit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Gary was bad last year, I was right about that. Gary is playing well this year, I never said it wasn't going to happen.

I saw guys on reddit bitching today about how you can't listen to draft experts because they called him a project. Ummmm

He still is. That's hardly a knock on about any ******* prospect. GB reddit is so trash. They're going off about MM today, of all things

Edited by Norm

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's really cool to come to a thread and have some fun, even it is making fun of ourselves.

#2-0 problems

I'm sad they scored those points early instead of late. It's the same ******* thing but we only freak out when they happen late. Memories of mosquitoes

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I don't come here much since @palmy50 left

Only reason I started..I still know he was dumb now though because I swear he left me name in a list of posters he wanted to keep in touch with..all credibility was lost after that. Also I'm puggering the **** out of this thread. Is pugger not around anymore

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Forgot to @Outpost31 and @MrBobGray for the above

Real talk, does Mike Pettine have some kind of weird Shallow Hal thing going on with Preston, where he sees like a 6'1", 220 lb coverage LB when he looks at him?  Because it's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.  It seems like he puts him on the field exclusively to make the offense respect another rusher, then just shrugs and says "put 'em wherever, just make sure it's in space!  You know he can't handle too much contact with his sickly, frail body!"

I thought it would get better in 2020, not that he would double down and drop him even more.  

I mean, I don't think anyone would say he wasn't/isn't a project. It was to be expected when his collegiate coaching staff completely neutralized his skillset and had him put two hands in the dirt and eat blockers. Had he gone elsewhere, he wouldn't have made it to #12. The only pass rusher in the 2019 class with more upside is Nick Bosa. Gary's natural tools are flat out not teachable. He'll go as far as he wants. If he's got dog in him, he'll be an all-pro at some point in his career. He's that talented. This kid wasn't the #1 overall recruit in his HS class for no reason.

45 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh **** I didn't even get it. I have not seen enough of that. I can't even stop laughing long enough, I rewind like every bit

Its too damn good. I dont think any of the actors will be allowed to do anything else. That show just hits different.

Edited by HighCalebR

11 hours ago, Donzo said:

No, he's really not.

P/Smith is an excellent versatile pro. He's sacrificing his game, like Clay did, for the betterment of the team. If he had Gary's responsibilities he'd be flashing, too.

Gary still has a lot of Baby Huey in him. His freakish physical ability is flashing now, as expected by everyone paying attention to his development. But, he's still very much an unfinished product. 

That’s what makes me excited for Gary’s future. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Real talk, does Mike Pettine have some kind of weird Shallow Hal thing going on with Preston, where he sees like a 6'1", 220 lb coverage LB when he looks at him?  Because it's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.  It seems like he puts him on the field exclusively to make the offense respect another rusher, then just shrugs and says "put 'em wherever, just make sure it's in space!  You know he can't handle too much contact with his sickly, frail body!"

I thought it would get better in 2020, not that he would double down and drop him even more.  

Almost like he want a cover guy but doesn’t want to give up the size against the run and Preston is the best in space amongst them. 

17 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Almost like he want a cover guy but doesn’t want to give up the size against the run and Preston is the best in space amongst them. 

Spot on... It's not a mystery if you look at the situation, like you did. When Ramsey is ready to play, he'll take over most of P/Smith's coverage snaps.

49 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, I don't think anyone would say he wasn't/isn't a project. It was to be expected when his collegiate coaching staff completely neutralized his skillset and had him put two hands in the dirt and eat blockers.

Exactly... Anyone that actually understood the situation knew the process. Then there were people/posters that had their agenda to hate the pick/ player, so they kept the hate going- how silly.