1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

45 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

It is safe to say Gute likes premium athlete high-

18- Jaire had arguably the best DB workout at the combine his year (red flag for injury and a little ding on height)

19a Gary- Maybe the best workout at the combine out of everyone

19b- Savage- Fastest S

Jaire has been very good overall, Gary has come on very strong ... Savage has been very average at best.  Hoping it's a blip on the screen and it kicks in for him too in the games upcoming.

Just now, coachbuns said:

Jaire has been very good overall, Gary has come on very strong ... Savage has been very average at best.  Hoping it's a blip on the screen and it kicks in for him too in the games upcoming.

I'm not worried about Savage just like I wasn't worried about Gary. 

Savage is still starting.  If he wasn't starting, wasn't playing virtually every snap, then I'd be worried.  Sometimes it takes a bit for a safety to click in this league, but when they click it's magical.

Nick Collins flashed a lot in his first three years, but people more or less thought he was a bust until he broke out in year four.
Anthony Harris was a nobody until year 4.
Malcolm Jenkins...

That's just one thing I wish more Packer fans understood and had patience with.  Very few players breakout in their first couple years, especially in the type of place where draft and develop is the motto. 

It should be the most obvious thing in the world for Packer fans. 

Rodgers (four years sitting behind Favre)
Bakhtiari (three years where nobody wanted him re-signed then bam)
Jones (two years of the dog house)
Adams (people literally wanted him cut)
Linsley (people were hoping we would cut him to save some money and now he's playing like a top 3 center in the league in a contract year)
Clark (he was "just a run plug DL" for his first three years)

Go back further and you've got Lang, Sitton, Collins, Finley, Perry, Nelson, Jones...

The Packers rely on that second, third or fourth year jump from their players.  On this team, there is nobody who ought to be written off until they're gone, and even some you shouldn't write off when they leave.  Heyward, Hyde, etc.

Darnell Savage could be Clinton-Dix/Randall, but he could also be Nick Collins. 

Rashan Gary could be Datone Jones, he could be Nick Perry, but my money is on him being closer to Clay Matthews for us than Nick Perry as far as career impact. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not worried about Savage just like I wasn't worried about Gary. 

Savage is still starting.  If he wasn't starting, wasn't playing virtually every snap, then I'd be worried.  Sometimes it takes a bit for a safety to click in this league, but when they click it's magical.

Nick Collins flashed a lot in his first three years, but people more or less thought he was a bust until he broke out in year four.
Anthony Harris was a nobody until year 4.
Malcolm Jenkins...

That's just one thing I wish more Packer fans understood and had patience with.  Very few players breakout in their first couple years, especially in the type of place where draft and develop is the motto. 

It should be the most obvious thing in the world for Packer fans. 

Rodgers (four years sitting behind Favre)
Bakhtiari (three years where nobody wanted him re-signed then bam)
Jones (two years of the dog house)
Adams (people literally wanted him cut)
Linsley (people were hoping we would cut him to save some money and now he's playing like a top 3 center in the league in a contract year)
Clark (he was "just a run plug DL" for his first three years)

Go back further and you've got Lang, Sitton, Collins, Finley, Perry, Nelson, Jones...

The Packers rely on that second, third or fourth year jump from their players.  On this team, there is nobody who ought to be written off until they're gone, and even some you shouldn't write off when they leave.  Heyward, Hyde, etc.

Darnell Savage could be Clinton-Dix/Randall, but he could also be Nick Collins. 

Rashan Gary could be Datone Jones, he could be Nick Perry, but my money is on him being closer to Clay Matthews for us than Nick Perry as far as career impact. 

I get what you’re trying to say but I think saying closer to clay is a mistake because he was a beast basically right off the bat. 

Shia GIF by swerk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, Donzo said:

Dang.... The dreaded high ankle sprain.

See ya in November, #52.

Could’ve swore I saw him out there after the injury in the fourth quarter running full speed at the rookie QB and containing him in a way few other EDGE could have in that spot.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Could’ve swore I saw him out there after the injury in the fourth quarter running full speed at the rookie QB and containing him in a way few other EDGE could have in that spot.

yeah he was the one making that play.  I think he's picked up the fake injury technique from Z. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He was out there, but he was limping around a bit... You can usually play a little after hurting your ankle. We'll see what he's like tomorrow and the rest of the week for practice.