1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

7 hours ago, Joe said:

I'm sure you'd change your mind if he got at least 1 sack both next week and in the Superb Owl if we make it...

Hoot

I like having insurance policies, but considering our cap situation, spread tough choices will be necessary. Keeping Preston (rusher 3) will likely mean no Jones or #2 corner

17 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Left tackle was supposed to help out on that play and a Gary runs right past him. Lol

Hence why a lot of OL will tell you help can actually be worse than no help at all.  From RBs getting in the OL's way or even straight knocking them off their block, to a play like this where the LT has no idea what depth his QB is at and subsequently has no idea where Gary is going next but doesn't even have hands on him to try to hold because he has to wait for the TE to finish "helping".  On a play like this, you can't actually chip a wide 9 so you instead just end up with two blockers for the edge to beat, but like one at a time like kung fu henchmen.  Is that worth the extra time you don't have the TE out on the flare route?  If they had Everett just fake the block and then leak out, Goff can at least dump the ball and maybe the TE can make magic happen.  I dunno, I didn't have a coherent thought on this one, so instead you got six sentences of jumbled nonsense.

You Are Welcome GIF by memecandy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Hence why a lot of OL will tell you help can actually be worse than no help at all.  From RBs getting in the OL's way or even straight knocking them off their block, to a play like this where the LT has no idea what depth his QB is at and subsequently has no idea where Gary is going next but doesn't even have hands on him to try to hold because he has to wait for the TE to finish "helping".  On a play like this, you can't actually chip a wide 9 so you instead just end up with two blockers for the edge to beat, but like one at a time like kung fu henchmen.  Is that worth the extra time you don't have the TE out on the flare route?  If they had Everett just fake the block and then leak out, Goff can at least dump the ball and maybe the TE can make magic happen.  I dunno, I didn't have a coherent thought on this one, so instead you got six sentences of jumbled nonsense.

You Are Welcome GIF by memecandy

Good post, Bobby.

I coached my DL to get hungry when double-teamed. A good O lineman will keep you squared up. Two O linemen share a structural weakness in the gap between them.

I really, really like how Gary is reaching this critical mass of confidence, development and experience. 

Edited by Uffdaswede