1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

8 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

What happened with him in FF? I think he was here before I arrived and I've heard a few comments about him but all of them vague.

General concensus is he plagiarized alot of his early work directly off of some of the smartest posters on this forum. IMO you saw it alot in his early days. The biggest example though is taking Waldos pass rusher metrics which he still uses today. He did give credit initially but he stopped doing that years ago. Waldo might have been the best poster on this entire site. He was certainly one of the brightest. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

What happened with him in FF? I think he was here before I arrived and I've heard a few comments about him but all of them vague.

He used other people's work to get himself into the profession he's in. He was young when he did it but he's doubled down tenfold since then and acts like it's his ****. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Spartacus said:

General concensus is he plagiarized alot of his early work directly off of some of the smartest posters on this forum. IMO you saw it alot in his early days. The biggest example though is taking Waldos pass rusher metrics which he still uses today. He did give credit initially but he stopped doing that years ago. Waldo might have been the best poster on this entire site. He was certainly one of the brightest. 

Waldo was the brightest for sure. Someone you really enjoyed talking to and learning from. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spartacus said:

That's not even the worst part since Waldo didn't care afaik but that also sucked. 

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He used other people's work to get himself into the profession he's in. He was young when he did it but he's doubled down tenfold since then and acts like it's his ****. 

He altered it, but you can use the original and you get almost identical rankings. 

But again, that is NOT the worst part. He took the best asset a sports message board has ever had just to be cool on Twitter. 

5 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I’m sure someone has. I’ll bet he scored off the charts. 

Aware of his RAS and SPARQ scores, was interested in his actual Waldo ranking. Not interested to hear that because his RAS is great then surely he is awesome with every other ranking system. Was he viewed as a high risk bust based on Waldo? That is the question. 

49 minutes ago, Norm said:

He altered it, but you can use the original and you get almost identical rankings. 

But again, that is NOT the worst part. He took the best asset a sports message board has ever had just to be cool on Twitter. 

Does Waldo do anything with football anywhere?