1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Speaking of Twitter personalities that we’re not too fond of , wtf ever happened to Arrigo lol. That guy used to get destroyed for all the s***** rumors he used to post. 

Ah yes, good old Joe Arrigo.  Along with a poster on another forum named Patty who claimed to be a "retired" NFL scout.  They were both completely full of **** 100% of the time.

• Like 1

It’s also funny how this is in the Rashaan Gary thread lol. 

Have I mentioned how I think he’s going to be a top tier pass rusher this year and a major fan favorite??

Ever since we drafted this kid , everything we learned about him from how his coaches and teammates  RAVE about the person and his work ethic,  to him texting Z while he was at the movies to ask more questions , to all his workouts he posted , made me such a fan of this kid. Love his demeanor and he’s just real easy to cheer for. 

Everyone who called or still calls this pick ‘a reach’ is out of their mind and need to stop getting absorbed into the draft community bubble where original thought isn’t a strongpoint. This guy was a blue chip prospect , an elite athlete and a great human being. Exactly the type of player you want to take a chance on early 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Ah yes, good old Joe Arrigo.  Along with a poster on another forum named Patty who claimed to be a "retired" NFL scout.  They were both completely full of **** 100% of the time.

Arrigo is still kicking around on Twitter, but few pay attention to him anymore. He still tries to do the “my sources say” stuff, but no one really pays him any mind. As far as I know, he has a job in local sports media somewhere other than Wisconsin. But yes, he was completely full of ****. No sources. Has he ever been right about a Packers move even once in his life? 

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

Arrigo is still kicking around on Twitter, but few pay attention to him anymore. He still tries to do the “my sources say” stuff, but no one really pays him any mind. As far as I know, he has a job in local sports media somewhere other than Wisconsin. But yes, he was completely full of ****. No sources. Has he ever been right about a Packers move even once in his life? 

Seems like a bit of a witch hunt here. Joe works for SB Nation and covers the Raiders out of Vegas, also is co-founder of  Franchise Sports Media which covers all the sports teams in Vegas. He has carved out a good career covering sports. 

Edited by R T

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Seems like a bit of a witch hunt here. Joe works for SB Nation and covers the Raiders out of Vegas, also is co-founder of  Franchise Sports Media which covers all the sports teams in Vegas. He has carved out a good career coving sports. 

Is that you Arrigo? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I’m 37 and feel 68, so I totally feel your pain. 😂

You're the same age as my oldest son, that is a great age to be. An age when things really started to come together for me personally. Hope the same happens for you also.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R T said:

Maybe. 😄

Not Joe, but some days I wish I was that young again. Got my second Covid shot yesterday and it is kicking my ***.

If it makes you feel younger, I am 39 and the second shot kicked my *** pretty good too.  Day after I was tired, second day I felt kind of like I had a hangover until about lunch time.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 9:21 PM, beekay414 said:

Honestly, he wasn't asked to do much from a pass rush standpoint so he's a ball of clay there. Gonna be really teachable. I blame Dom Brown and Jim Harbaugh for not taking advantage of his talents and asking him to be a space eater. I'm excited to see what Pettine can do with him.

This is just one quote but I was one of the few in here defending the pick. Ball of clay. Kid wasn't the #1 player in his high school class for no reason. He's just now starting to "click" at the EDGE position and he's going to be a terror once it's all put together. Patience is virtue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

I mean, that's not exactly going out on a limb. His pass rush metrics were basically top-10 over the 2nd half of the season. 

Didn’t say it was. I would be shocked if he and Savage weren’t stars. 

This is going to be the best defense Aaron has ever played with. Major reason why I picked GB for the SB large 

On 6/13/2021 at 7:07 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

Didn’t say it was. I would be shocked if he and Savage weren’t stars. 

This is going to be the best defense Aaron has ever played with. Major reason why I picked GB for the SB large 

but if Aaron doesn't play....

I do agree that this would be the best defense that he's had since 2014 when everyone could stay healthy and maybe even 2010. The Devondre Campbell signing was huge TBH as he's been one of those really good under-the-radar type of players; of course if he can stay healthy...which is apparently an issue...

On 6/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, R T said:

Seems like a bit of a witch hunt here. Joe works for SB Nation and covers the Raiders out of Vegas, also is co-founder of  Franchise Sports Media which covers all the sports teams in Vegas. He has carved out a good career covering sports. 

It still doesn't change the fact that he's spent several years being full of it with stupid fake rumors.  He was about as big of a clown as there ever was.

21 minutes ago, Joe said:

but if Aaron doesn't play....

I do agree that this would be the best defense that he's had since 2014 when everyone could stay healthy and maybe even 2010. The Devondre Campbell signing was huge TBH as he's been one of those really good under-the-radar type of players; of course if he can stay healthy...which is apparently an issue...

Another classic example of fans believe any player signed from another team is much better than the player they have. 

9O8NbMz6_normal.jpg

New #Packers LB De'Vondre Campbell has played in 75 career games, hasn't missed a game since 2016, has four straight seasons with 90+ tackles, and is a consistent tackler. PFF grades are not good. Has never received good grades against the run or in coverage.

L-WJ-jBV_normal.jpg

He is Antonio Morrison and Christian Kirksey. One-down LB and it’s.... fine.