1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Why would Harbaugh, a former NFL coach, say that Gary was the best NFL player on their team (ahead of both Winovich and top 10 pick Bush) despite the production differences?

I don't know.  And if a mock draft would have been posted with Gary at #12 a week ago - how would that have been received here ?? Universally hated. 

Edited by cannondale

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I posted it earlier in the thread

I watched one that was like 29 minutes with a guy who was breaking it down and that's like all it was. Was him getting doubled. I watched some other stuff but that one stuck with me

This may have been discussed already, but does anyone know why Gary slid down in the mock drafts? It seems like he was up as far as 5 or 6 for awhile, so I didn't even think he was a possibility for the Packers, then suddenly he was down in the teens, so I still did not think he was a possibility. Did some information come out about his shoulder? Or was it just one of those herd mentality things, where there was a lack of "buzz" so everybody downgraded him for no particular reason? 

Just now, Norm said:

I watched one that was like 29 minutes with a guy who was breaking it down and that's like all it was. Was him getting doubled. I watched some other stuff but that one stuck with me

LIS - the video I posted was in direct response to the "he was double and triple teamed all the time." Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

This may have been discussed already, but does anyone know why Gary slid down in the mock drafts? It seems like he was up as far as 5 or 6 for awhile, so I didn't even think he was a possibility for the Packers, then suddenly he was down in the teens, so I still did not think he was a possibility. Did some information come out about his shoulder? Or was it just one of those herd mentality things, where there was a lack of "buzz" so everybody downgraded him for no particular reason? 

Reportedly had/has a torn labrum in one of his shoulders that could need surgery after the 2019 season, if it holds up til then. 

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

LIS - the video I posted was in direct response to the "he was double and triple teamed all the time." Simple as that.

Oh okay. So it was cherry picked. TBH I felt like the one I watched was trying to prove the opposite. I mean he played a lot of snaps. It's easy to edit it down and make either thing look true...

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh okay. So it was cherry picked. TBH I felt like the one I watched was trying to prove the opposite. I mean he played a lot of snaps. It's easy to edit it down and make either thing look true...

It wasn't cherry picked. It was 2 am and the first one I watched after a quick google. It was used as proof to wrong info being posted. Why is that a crime ?

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It wasn't cherry picked. It was 2 am and the first one I watched after a quick google. It was used as proof to wrong info being posted. Why is that a crime ?

Lol dude. 10 minutes isn't enough to prove anything. Nobody is doubled every play their whole career. Nobody is a accusing you of a crime. I'm saying I watched a video trying to prove the opposite. It's easy with hundreds and hundreds of snaps for either side to make something look true

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Reportedly had/has a torn labrum in one of his shoulders that could need surgery after the 2019 season, if it holds up til then. 

Some of it was just prospect fatigue.  Like Gary was a guy talked about as a "2019 top 10 pick" since he was the top recruit in high school, which hit a fever pitch after his 2017 season.  His 2018 season was expected to be a big jump, but it was hampered by the aforementioned shoulder injury and there were a lot of superficial things to pick at that dragged him down as the draft process went along.  If you look at mocks from February, he was never on the board when the Packers pick rolled around, but since Gary's box score was not what you'd hope it wasn't exactly an easy eval for the busy sort of person who wants to know everything about every prospect, so the capsule version became "unproductive, but incredible ceiling."