1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I think people are just afraid he'll be Perry or Datone Jones.  Feels like recent bust fever in here.  I haven't seen a legitimate reason to suggest Gary will bust. 

It's the Packers that liked him, not some team who drafts centers and tight ends in round one. 

This honestly makes me feel better 

Just now, Cadmus said:

No one said that. 

The exact opposite was said actually. 

I mean, I'd disagree with that statement.  People immediately looking at the sack total, and they're completely turned off.  Hell, TFL stat doesn't even help either.  But the notion that he's invisible is ridiculous.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, I'd disagree with that statement.  People immediately looking at the sack total, and they're completely turned off.  Hell, TFL stat doesn't even help either.  But the notion that he's invisible is ridiculous.

About the Gil Brandt comment. 

So I would want to point out a couple of things:

- Lot of people bringing up specific critiques of Gary without having a informational basis to rest it on.  If you haven't spoken with him, and are not a doctor and have not examined him you are probably in a worse position to evaluate things like intelligence, coachability, and health than the professionals on the Packers who are paid to evaluate things.

-Lot of jobs on defense where "doing that job correctly" does not show up on the stat sheet.  "Scouting the box score" is lazy; we can all do better.

• Like 3

Just now, cannondale said:

How many different players are there ?  Comparisons are what we do. Comparisons based on past production is part of that. A whole lot more people hate the pick than like it 

Because Justin Harrell, Nick Perry and Datone Jones have nothing in common with Rashan Gary. Nothing.

People are dumb. They'll believe whatever they're told.