Lions Select TE T.J. Hockenson #8 Overall

davisblack

Ask Montez Sweat how good of a blocker he is. Senior vs Junior, Outback Bowl. Watch the highlights of that game. Hockenson owned Sweat. Worse game Sweat had all season. One of the reasons Hockenson numbers receiving were down, he was a monster blocker & was out there to stop the best defensive player every game. He is going to elevate our running game. Can’t wait to see him against the best defensive players in the league. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GetDownandDirty said:

Ask Montez Sweat how good of a blocker he is. Senior vs Junior, Outback Bowl. Watch the highlights of that game. Hockenson owned Sweat. Worse game Sweat had all season. One of the reasons Hockenson numbers receiving were down, he was a monster blocker & was out there to stop the best defensive player every game. He is going to elevate our running game. Can’t wait to see him against the best defensive players in the league. 

That's a good suggestion. I'll have to check that out.

21 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I disagree on the HOF and I disagree on their impact on winning.  Not a single first round pick TE since Tony Gonzales has been worth drafting in the first round based on their impact.  Ertz and Kelce are good, and would be cool to have but I wouldn't have traded pick 8 for either of them and likely wouldn't spend a first on either of them.

I absolutely would have traded #8 for Kelce. You’re crazy. 

1 minute ago, detroitroar said:

You didnt answer my question, and it doesnt matter where he was selected.

Go back and do a redraft and tell me where you think Kelces would/should go.

I mean that draft was brutal so probably #1 lmao..Lions drafted Ansah...obviously some teams are just idiots....but I think Kelce can be made from almost any 6'5" 250 lb dude that can run a 4.6.....

3 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

I mean that draft was brutal so probably #1 lmao..Lions drafted Ansah...obviously some teams are just idiots....but I think Kelce can be made from almost any 6'5" 250 lb dude that can run a 4.6.....

How do you know this draft wont end up being brutal?

I mean come on....your selling Kelce short here. 

I get yall didnt want a TE nearly that high, but if he turns into a Kelce, Ertz....somewhere in the stratosphere as Gronk....it was a great pick.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

So you wouldn’t want a TE that can get over 1000 yards and 10tds?? 

You know I love ya but you’re crazy. 

100% no...id rather a DE with 12 sacks....instead well have flowers on IR and scrubs getting pancaked...