Sign in to follow this  
coors

2019 Draft Thread

Didn't see one of these yet.

OG at #14. Reach. Don't like it. 

Traded up to 31 for some OT. Meh x 2

Meh sounds appropriate. Then again out best draft in recent memory was the one that was graded poorest by the media. I think this is kind of what you get with Seattle style team-building. Wish we could have traded down instead of up though..

I'm actually okay with going hard on the Oline. Keeping Matt upright is going to win us games as long as the defence is average. If this draft is the first step towards an elite Oline then I'm happy with it. 

Feels Meh, but then look at it this way:

Falcons needed to fix the OL with long-term solutions.

Falcons run a zone blocking scheme in the run game and both of these guys are good zone blockers.

Falcons needed two pass protectors, and both of these guys graded out exceptionally their senior seasons as pass blockers.

Both of these guys are in the 96th percentile of all OL drafted since 1999.

I don't think the value was great. but the picks make sense.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, scar988 said:

Feels Meh, but then look at it this way:

Falcons needed to fix the OL with long-term solutions.

Falcons run a zone blocking scheme in the run game and both of these guys are good zone blockers.

Falcons needed two pass protectors, and both of these guys graded out exceptionally their senior seasons as pass blockers.

Both of these guys are in the 96th percentile of all OL drafted since 1999.

I don't think the value was great. but the picks make sense.

i agree... and tbh om not even sure you can say they were reaches. falcons say thwy heard multiple teams wanted lindstom in the early 20's... they have more informatuon avilable to them than the media or fans so im not second guessing yet.

realirt is if these guys hit no one will care if we get them at 14 and 31 instead of 22 and 46.

On 4/27/2019 at 2:29 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

i agree... and tbh om not even sure you can say they were reaches. falcons say thwy heard multiple teams wanted lindstom in the early 20's... they have more informatuon avilable to them than the media or fans so im not second guessing yet.

realirt is if these guys hit no one will care if we get them at 14 and 31 instead of 22 and 46.

Completely agree. If they hit, this line is set for at least 3 years with this alignment:

Jake Matthews - Jamon Brown - Alex Mack - Chris Lindstrom - Kaleb McGary