2019 1.15 (15) Washington Redskins select QB Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State

Woz

5 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Pity he's only got Jay Gruden.

Jay knows how to coach up a QB with talent.  Andy Dalton has out and out said Gruden help bring him to his next level:  http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/24615/bengals-andy-dalton-a-big-reason-im-here-is-because-of-jay-gruden

And under Jay's guidance Kirk broke The Redskins passing record two years in a row and throw for over 4,000 yds in three consecutive seasons.

Haskins is a bona fide pocket passer and a Ravenclaw level studier of game film.  He is a perfect fit for JG and his passing wizardry.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Jay knows how to coach up a QB with talent.  Andy Dalton has out and out said Gruden help bring him to his next level:  http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/24615/bengals-andy-dalton-a-big-reason-im-here-is-because-of-jay-gruden

And under Jay's guidance Kirk broke The Redskins passing record two years in a row and throw for over 4,000 yds in three consecutive seasons.

Haskins is a bona fide pocket passer and a Ravenclaw level studier of game film.  He is a perfect fit for JG and his passing wizardry.

Hopefully!! That’s what we’re all hoping for

• Like 1

Jay Gruden impressed with Dwayne Haskins early at rookie minicamp

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/washington-redskins-jay-gruden-impressed-quarterback-dwayne-haskins-rookie-minicamp-224516338.html

"We're at the very bare minimum right now, but very impressed by his skillset for sure. Can really spin it," Gruden said Saturday, via the NFL Network. "He's just a big, solid, fundamentally sound guy. He's just a big presence in there and the ball just jumps off his hand. He also has the ability to speed it up and he has great touch, as well, for some of the short balls.

"He's displayed that he can make, in this short period of time, all the throws. ... He's kind of displayed a little bit everything these two days."

"It's just a lot you're throwing at him," Gruden said, via the NFL Network. "It's a long process, but he's a bright guy, he's wanting to work at it and he will work at it. And I was impressed.”

"We're going to go at it, throw the ball out there and let these guys compete," Gruden said, via the NFL Network. "I think [Haskins] obviously displayed enough of a skillset to warrant the 15th pick in the draft and to give him an opportunity to see how far he can take this thing."

• Like 2

23 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Tony Eason & Marc Wilson were also selected at #15 in the first Rd.

That's all I could find.

Well, at least the bar is low.

😁

At least Eason played in a super bowl and Mark Wilson almost got to play in two super bowls, one in 83 w/ the raiders but he got injured and Plunket took over. Then, he almost went in 1985 too.

Edited by turtle28

[Landon] Collins on Dwayne Haskins: 'We just stole the best QB'

http://www.nfl.com?campaign=tw-articleshare

"I thought he was going to the Giants, honestly," Collins said on the latest RapSheet + Friendspodcast show. "That's who I thought they were going to get, that's who I thought they needed, and they decided to go elsewhere. When I saw we picked him up, I was like, we just stole the best quarterback." 

While it remains to be seen which rookie signal-caller of the 2019 NFL Draft has the best career considering the Arizona Cardinals selected Kyler Murray as the first overall pick, Collins won't hide his enthusiasm over Haskins. 

"I'm excited to have him," Collins said. "I know the organization is and other teams are going to be afraid of him."

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean... he also said Davis Webb was going to be an incredible QB for the Giants and they didn’t need to draft one in 2018. 

True, still good to have the endorsement of the guy who will be one of the leaders of the defense.

John Keim ripped me off:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26708901/setting-2019-nfl-quarterback-battles-leading-where-rookies-stand

Most likely QB to lead team in 2019 snaps: Haskins. There will be internal pressure to start him at some point, and that will intensify with a poor start. The holdup will be a coaching staff that knows it must win now and feels that Haskins might take some time to develop. Unless Keenum plays well enough in a tough early stretch -- four of the first five games are versus Philadelphia, Dallas, Chicago and New England -- it'll be tough for the organization to let Haskins sit. If Haskins plays early and develops well, it might even buy the staff another year. -- John Keim

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26744212/ranking-nfl-qb-commitment-how-married-all-32-teams-their-starters

*whistles*

6. Arizona Cardinals

Starter: Kyler Murray | Signed through: 2022
Tier: Rookie first-rounder | Ranking in tier: No. 1

Contract: Four-year, $35.159 million, fully guaranteed contract signed this month. It includes a signing bonus of roughly $23.6 million and a team option for a fifth year.

15. Washington

Starter: Dwayne Haskins (projected) | Signed through: 2022
Tier: Rookie first-rounder | Ranking in tier: No. 2

Contract: Four-year, $14.417 million, fully guaranteed contract signed this month. It includes a signing bonus of roughly $8.5 million and a team option for a fifth year.

If Haskins wants to prove the league done [messed] up, he's got slightly more than 20 million reasons to act as motivation.

(both ESPN and I would include Daniel Jones' contract, but he hasn't signed it yet)