2019 1.15 (15) Washington Redskins select QB Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State

Woz

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Your a #Bum aka #GurananteedBust 

1. Don't attack other posters.
  2. Jeezy's schtick is hates on every last pick regardless of who they take. It's kind of his reverse jinx.
  • Like 1

Just now, Skins212689 said:

No one else gave up a 1st round pick for Rosen, so why should they have? 

best arm in this draft

I would have traded to 20th to 25th pick....and traded maybe a 2nd this year and 3rd next year for rosen

I like Rosen more than Haskin....

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

best arm in this draft

I would have traded to 20th to 25th pick....and traded maybe a 2nd this year and 3rd next year for rosen

I like Rosen more than Haskin....

No other GM made the move so I'm fine with them not trading a 1st for Rosen. The Patriots didn't even make the move! Really stop and think about about the fact 31 teams said no I'm not trading a 1st round pick for Rosen, that doesn't say something to you? 

41 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Haskins vs top 25 defenses last year.

6-0

86.4 qbr

20 td 2 picks

331.2 pass ypg

Says alot of good things to me!! Even if he doesn't start right away, I think he will produce good things for the team. 

Edited by Skins212689

Dwayne Haskins should have been a 2nd round pick due to his lack of experience.  I like his arm, his completion % is top notch.  Doesn't have great mobility but that isn't a deal breaker.  Interviews I've seen him in seems like he's pretty sharp and a nice kid too.  Local boy, can't really hate on that.  

I still come back to him having only 1 year of starting experience though.  Ideally, he doesn't play a game this year (lol yeah right).  He isn't ready.  He needs to work on his footwork and movement within the pocket.  He also is going to have some pretty weak weapons, when he had elite matchups at Ohio St.  Its like any investment you make in the real world, with that risk you have to discount what you're willing to pay for it.  Thank god we didn't pay a premium, trading up would have been a disaster.  15 isn't ideal but won't kill us.  

I want people to understand the reason I disliked this pick.  It wasn't that I thought Haskins was a bad QB, its that I thought he was risky and needs time.  To me, that isn't a first round pick.  I'll add on that that for selfish reason I wanted them to avoid QB altogether because I wanted this whole GM/Coaching staff regime gone and wanted to start over.  Then let the new regime start over and pick their own QB.  I have a really bad feeling about us going 6-10 next year and Bruce Allen throwing Gruden under the bus for it, I can see it coming.  

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dwayne Haskins should have been a 2nd round pick due to his lack of experience.  I like his arm, his completion % is top notch.  Doesn't have great mobility but that isn't a deal breaker.  Interviews I've seen him in seems like he's pretty sharp and a nice kid too.  Local boy, can't really hate on that.  

I still come back to him having only 1 year of starting experience though.  Ideally, he doesn't play a game this year (lol yeah right).  He isn't ready.  He needs to work on his footwork and movement within the pocket.  He also is going to have some pretty weak weapons, when he had elite matchups at Ohio St.  Its like any investment you make in the real world, with that risk you have to discount what you're willing to pay for it.  Thank god we didn't pay a premium, trading up would have been a disaster.  15 isn't ideal but won't kill us.  

I want people to understand the reason I disliked this pick.  It wasn't that I thought Haskins was a bad QB, its that I thought he was risky and needs time.  To me, that isn't a first round pick.  I'll add on that that for selfish reason I wanted them to avoid QB altogether because I wanted this whole GM/Coaching staff regime gone and wanted to start over.  Then let the new regime start over and pick their own QB.  I have a really bad feeling about us going 6-10 next year and Bruce Allen throwing Gruden under the bus for it, I can see it coming.  

The Cardinals taking QBs back to back in the 1st round is way worst than this. Get over it. He's on the team now!! Your negative comments aren't gonna change that. Didn't Mahomes sit for a year? Look what he's doing now! Are you rooting for him to fail? He hasn't even hit the field nor given the starting position. We won't know anything until training camp, mini camp, preseason, ect. Damn why so negative but your a fan of the team!

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The Cardinals taking QBs back to back in the 1st round is way worst than this. Get over it. He's on the team now!! Your negative comments aren't gonna change that. Didn't Mahomes sit for a year? Look what he's doing now! Are you rooting for him to fail? He hasn't even hit the field nor given the starting position. We won't know anything until training camp, mini camp, preseason, ect. Damn why so negative but your a fan of the team!

Wow, I think you're really taking my post out of context.  I was trying to say he was a bad pick at 15, but a solid football player with upside (but high risk).  Maybe we'll hit the lottery or maybe we won't with him (like every other Redskins fan I'll be routing for him to succeed).