DT Dexter Lawrence selected by Giants @ 1.17

Acgott

4 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Not impressed with this pick. Montez Sweat, Greedy Williams or even Jawaan Taylor made more sense. This guy is a 1 technique run stuffer. Not a good move

Greedy Williams gets bullied by halfway physical receivers and at his size that’s who he’s going to be covering more often than not. I wanted Jawaan Taylor also, and Sweat has no pass rush plan. Ever. If he can’t run over or past his blocker, he doesn’t get to the QB. So when all our first round picks contribute and Greedy is fighting for a roster spot and Sweat is still stuck in a rotation, will you still find a reason to dislike whatever Gettleman does? 

56 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Greedy Williams gets bullied by halfway physical receivers and at his size that’s who he’s going to be covering more often than not. I wanted Jawaan Taylor also, and Sweat has no pass rush plan. Ever. If he can’t run over or past his blocker, he doesn’t get to the QB. So when all our first round picks contribute and Greedy is fighting for a roster spot and Sweat is still stuck in a rotation, will you still find a reason to dislike whatever Gettleman does? 

I think the better question is when the Giants go 0-16 and can’t generate any kind of pass rush at all, will you find a reason to dislike what Gettleman did or will you still defend his picks like you’re his mother? 

2 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

I think the better question is when the Giants go 0-16 and can’t generate any kind of pass rush at all, will you find a reason to dislike what Gettleman did or will you still defend his picks like you’re his mother? 

Never said I wouldn’t have preferred a pass rusher. And I was just saying it makes sense why he was the selection over Haskins. So I tell you why two players wouldn’t be a good fit and you immediately jump to the fact “stop protecting Getty like his mom.” You’re overreacting but I’m honestly not surprised. You’re probably one of the most immature posters on here who always ends up eating his words because he always lets his emotions get the better of him. Getty was right last year when we improved two games with his additions. as a REBUILDING (not competing which is what you seem to think is the only thing we are doing) he has made right move after right move and now we’re in line to have a complete O-Line/an offense with young talent that will grow/one of the biggest cap space numbers next year. But hey he’s an idiot that doesn’t know what he’s doing. It’s always funny to see when podcasts and radio hosts invite an actual NFL mind for an interview and they try to bash the Giants the NFL guy is like no, it makes complete sense why the giants made that choice.