With the 18th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Garrett Bradbury, C - NC State

SemperFeist

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

100% I would take him over any of those centers. Only James Daniels gives me pause in a zone blocking scheme but Bradbury is way more polished. 

If Bradbury plays as well as I expect him to, off the bat, then I'd take him over every single one of the players @Ozzy listed.  I liked James Daniels and Frank Ragnow, but neither one really moved the needle for me in the 1st round last year.  I would have been fine taking Ragnow at #30, but even until a week or 2 before the draft, I didn't even really consider him a 1st-round talent.  I was looking more towards Daniels over Ragnow or Price...and even then Daniels was, to me, at the very best, a late 1st round pick...unlike Bradbury, who, for the last 2-3 months has been considered a mid 1st-round pick.  Maybe it's recency-bias, but talent-wise, I feel Bradbury is far superior to Ragnow, Price, and Daniels.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, swede700 said:

I feel Bradbury is far superior to Ragnow, Price, and Daniels.

Also worth pointing out that Ragnow and Daniels are playing LG, and Price was one of the worst C in the league last year as a rookie (based on PFF grades). 

Bradbury will start week one at C for the Vikings.

7 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Remeber Steussie, McDaniel, Christy, Dixon and Stringer?

Pepperidge Farms remembers...

I remember Yary, White and Tinglehoff!!

Bradbury: “I think it’s a perfect fit. When you’re hoping to get drafted, you’re hoping that, one, it’s as high as possible and two it’s a great fit. More importantly great fit. I think with this system it’s a lot of similar stuff as what we did in college. A lot of similar coaching just a little bit more detail with some things. I’m really excited about the fit and the scheme.”

“You’re not going to make it in this league long if you can’t play multiple positions. Just learning the interior three is kind of where I’m going to find a home. Working those three, learning the system. It’s not just learning one position, it’s the whole play, running backs, tight ends, everything.”

https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/05/first-rounder-bradbury-sees-vikings-scheme-as-perfect-fit/

• 4 weeks later...

BRADBURY WAS IMMEDIATELY DRAWN to the cerebral aspect of baseball. Being allowed to control the flow of the game by calling pitches allowed him to flex his mental muscle like he did with his grip-it-and-rip-it hitting style.

The pitch calls came from the coaches in the dugout at Charlotte Christian, and they were written on a wrist band that he was expected to wear and reference during the game.

Bradbury forgot his wrist band one afternoon. Simmons wasn’t happy but received some reassurance that changed his tune.

“That son of a gun memorized the whole thing and didn’t miss a call the entire game,” Simmons said. “So after that, I said he didn’t have to wear it.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/28497/no-plays-off-garrett-bradburys-journey-to-vikings-came-via-baseball

• Like 1

They selected Bradbury in the first round of the draft and he’s on track for a starting job this fall after moving right into the first team. On Tuesday, head coach Mike Zimmer said that the 18th overall has handled the transition to the NFL well in his first offseason.

Zimmer: “He’s a very athletic guy that can really bend. He’s got good power, he’s very competitive. He’s done a good job. We’re giving him a lot of different looks defensively, so I think that’s good for him. There’s times when we confuse him a little bit, but he’s very, very bright and doing a good job.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/04/mike-zimmer-garrett-bradbury-very-bright-and-doing-a-good-job/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...