With the 18th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Garrett Bradbury, C - NC State

SemperFeist

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

I'd almost rather him compete against Jones and move elfein to guard right away

This thread isn't about them, but that would be ugly. The Vikings would be putting themselves in a losing situation to have to pick between those two.  Hopefully they bring someone else in to compete for that spot.  I haven't read anything that makes me think Bradbury would compete at guard, which is fine since the team wouldn't have a decent center if he was competing there.

1 minute ago, Cearbhall said:

This thread isn't about them, but that would be ugly. The Vikings would be putting themselves in a losing situation to have to pick between those two.  Hopefully they bring someone else in to compete for that spot.  I haven't read anything that makes me think Bradbury would compete at guard, which is fine since the team wouldn't have a decent center if he was competing there.

I would expect Bradbury to win easily but worst case scenario Elfein could switch back to center

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman and Head Coach Mike Zimmer refrained from committing to a position for Bradbury in Purple.

Spielman: “The most important thing right now is getting the best football players we can get in.  The one thing I know is that he doesn’t play corner.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-things-to-know-minnesota-vikings--garrett-bradbury?sf211640757=1

• Like 3

Bradbury chatted with the Twin Cities media on a conference call less than an hour after being drafted, and said his background in another sport now helps him on the gridiron.

Bradbury: “As a catcher, I was a huge Jorge Posada fan with the Yankees. I think it helped a little bit with my mobility and being able to bend. In terms of communication, you’re kind of the leader back there behind the plate. I got to call pitches and talk to the infield. I think that helps because as an offensive lineman, you have to be able to communicate and have all five guys on the same page.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/bradbury-s-athleticism-mobility-perfect-fit-for-vikings-o-line