KingTitan

Titans first round pick #19. Titans select Jeffrey Simmons

Can’t wait to see all of the draft grades. I’m expecting no higher then a C.. pretty sure everyone is going to point out the fight and his acl

43 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He tore it in February so November? December? Idk

I think he said on the conference call 7-8 months, which is Sept-Oct. But, that's a lot of time between now and then where things will still all have to go right.

I love the pick, even if he doesn't play at all this year. Without the injury, there's no way he fell anywhere close to us. Next year he and Casey will be a force on the line. Can't wait to see Casey with some real talented help too!

20 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Can’t wait to see all of the draft grades. I’m expecting no higher then a C.. pretty sure everyone is going to point out the fight and his acl

Walterfootball gives a B, for what it's worth.

Love the pick. Wish I stayed awake too see what y’all are talking about with ESPN

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

If we can get Suh or McCoy, I’ll feel a lot better.

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

If we can get Suh or McCoy, I’ll feel a lot better.

it may be one or both of the two guys we brought in before the draft. Brent Urban and that Damon guy who played for the chargers last year. Solid place holders until he's ready to go.

20 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

it may be one or both of the two guys we brought in before the draft. Brent Urban and that Damon guy who played for the chargers last year. Solid place holders until he's ready to go.

Exactly, and I bet those guys are waiting to see what we do in the draft before making a decision to sign with us or not. If we could sign Brent Urban to a 1-2 contract I'd be psyched with that. I'm giving the Simmons pick an A+ for 2 reasons 1) He would have gone Top 5 had he not torn his ACL 2) Very strong rumors/facts suggest the Colts were all in for him at 26, and after we picked him, they looked to move down (which they ended up doing). 

But, make no mistake, the pressure is on JROB to strike gold on at least 2 players the rest of the draft -- who can have an impact this year. At the press conference after the Simmons pick, he clearly stated he would be willing to move back from Rd 2 to Rd 3 to pick up extra picks if a team was interested in moving up. Looks like he wants to collect some extra picks.

22 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

But, make no mistake, the pressure is on JROB to strike gold on at least 2 players the rest of the draft -- who can have an impact this year. At the press conference after the Simmons pick, he clearly stated he would be willing to move back from Rd 2 to Rd 3 to pick up extra picks if a team was interested in moving up. Looks like he wants to collect some extra picks.

I don't really think there should be any pressure to find day 1 impactful players in the rest of the Draft. Thanks to the work he has been doing, we're in a pretty damn good situation roster wise to not have to rely on rookies as much anymore. And we already have two very promising last year rookies that can grow into bigger roles and fill them successfully.

As for Simmons, I'll admit I haven't been as caught up in the pre-Draft process as in the past years and don't know all that much about him. But I've read some positive things about his evaluation, and from what I saw he definitely looks talented as a pass rusher. Plus both JRob and Vrabel seemed excited talking about him and about having him, which is very encouraging. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I don't really think there should be any pressure to find day 1 impactful players in the rest of the Draft. Thanks to the work he has been doing, we're in a pretty damn good situation roster wise to not have to rely on rookies as much anymore. And we already have two very promising last year rookies that can grow into bigger roles and fill them successfully.

As for Simmons, I'll admit I haven't been as caught up in the pre-Draft process as in the past years and don't know all that much about him. But I've read some positive things about his evaluation, and from what I saw he definitely looks talented as a pass rusher. Plus both JRob and Vrabel seemed excited talking about him and about having him, which is very encouraging. 

I do agree with us being in pretty good condition roster-wise, but I do think we need at least 2 players who will be Day 1 starters in 2 years, and Day 1 rotational players who make an impact this coming season. Cam Wake is most likely going to retire after this season, Kevin Pamphile is not our long term Right Guard, Logan Ryan's contract is up next year, Conklin's contract is up next year, Mariota wants to get paid as well as Derrick Henry. Lots of moving parts and I really think we need to groom at least 2 players to eventual fill roles where we either having guys retiring or having to let guys go due to salary cap limitations. Also, were about to pay Byard in the coming months.

Edited by Mariota615TN

2 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

Love the pick. Wish I stayed awake too see what y’all are talking about with ESPN

They didn’t show a single highlight of Simmons all they did was go right to the video from when he was in high school and was on time trying to defend his sister and was seen fighting with a girl.

You almost forgot he was recovering from a knee injury because they just all talked about the incident 

Good pick for you guys. He's a guy a lot of Browns fans were hoping would slide until our pick in the second round. Just glad he won't be ready for you guys week one. 😈

PS. Screw that human turd known as Trey Wingo. That entire segment was cringe-worthy and made it clear why I've always hated Wingo and ESPN.

11 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Good pick for you guys. He's a guy a lot of Browns fans were hoping would slide until our pick in the second round. Just glad he won't be ready for you guys week one. 😈

PS. Screw that human turd known as Trey Wingo. That entire segment was cringe-worthy and made it clear why I've always hated Wingo and ESPN.

yeah, I haven't watched the draft on espn in at least two years. NFL Network has been my show.

2 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

yeah, I haven't watched the draft on espn in at least two years. NFL Network has been my show.

I was mainly watching it on NFL Network. Just switched over to ESPN momentarily and it happened to be at the vomit-inducing moment of them talking about Simmons.

Trey Wingo needed to make it clear to us viewers that we're entitled to our own opinions. Thanks Trey... I'm sure none of us knew that.

Posted (edited)

Just doing some basic math, I think its a safe assumptions he plays 8 games this year at the minimum. Jack Conklin had his acl surgery 26 Jan 18 if I'm not mistaken. Simmons had his 19 Feb  this year. that's about a months difference. Conklin missed only 3 games if I'm not mistaken so if you add that extra month of recovery, you'd think he come back around game 7-8 for us. Couple that with Simmon's phone interview last night saying his acl should be like new in October gives hope for a lot of optimism for his games played total this year.

Edited by Airness McNairness