KingTitan

Titans first round pick #19. Titans select Jeffrey Simmons

9 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

Just doing some basic math, I think its a safe assumptions he plays 8 games this year at the minimum. Jack Conklin had his acl surgery 26 Jan 18 if I'm not mistaken. Simmons had his 19 Feb  this year. that's about a months difference. Conklin missed only 3 games if I'm not mistaken so if you add that extra month of recovery, you'd think he come back around game 7-8 for us. Couple that with Simmon's phone interview last night saying his acl should be like new in October gives hope for a lot of optimism for his games played total this year.

I’m perfectly fine if he sits the entire year, if we get him back nice 👍🏽 but the guy clearly was a top 10 pick before ACL injury. If Robinson smart sign suh or Wilkerson & keep Simmons as a insurance policy 

really good player, but essentially not having a first round pick this year is going to hurt.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m perfectly fine if he sits the entire year, if we get him back nice 👍🏽 but the guy clearly was a top 10 pick before ACL injury. If Robinson smart sign suh or Wilkerson & keep Simmons as a insurance policy 

I think its more likely its one of the guys we brought in a few weeks ago in brent urban and that damon guy from the chargers. and I understand your reasoning, but I don't think he sits the whole year. not by a long shot.  hes gonna play some games for us this year. I'd be willing to bet on that.

Edited by Airness McNairness

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

Just doing some basic math, I think its a safe assumptions he plays 8 games this year at the minimum. Jack Conklin had his acl surgery 26 Jan 18 if I'm not mistaken. Simmons had his 19 Feb  this year. that's about a months difference. Conklin missed only 3 games if I'm not mistaken so if you add that extra month of recovery, you'd think he come back around game 7-8 for us. Couple that with Simmon's phone interview last night saying his acl should be like new in October gives hope for a lot of optimism for his games played total this year.

And Conklin was brought back way too early. Unless you’re saying Conklin just isn’t very good without TE help and RB chips which is certainly debatable. Simmons should not step foot on a field playing games until the earliest in December. Let it heal and not push him back. Sign Wilkerson for a 1 yr prove it deal to help ease the transition. Guys like Brent Urban and Square are not helping but mainly Simmons was brought in for(pass-rush).

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

And Conklin was brought back way too early. Unless you’re saying Conklin just isn’t very good without TE help and RB chips which is certainly debatable. Simmons should not step foot on a field playing games until the earliest in December.

yeah I thought about that, but hey, he was out there and the coaches saw him everday in practice before those games and thought he was good enough to be out there as quickly as he was. I stil think Conklin is good. Maybe he was just a little rusty. That being said, I still think he plays 8 games for us.

Edited by Airness McNairness

Simmons is going to be gravy this year if anything. I'm not counting on him to play effectively or at all. 

I think with the moves they made with Wake. Evans being able to play on the edge. And more draft picks to come, they feel we can be covered on the edge. 

Johnson and Jones aren't terrible. They just aren't game changers. They are solid to ok. 

And another guy through the draft. Maybe sign a late vet. And the defense can sustain or maybe improve their top ten level as last year. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Simmons is going to be gravy this year if anything. I'm not counting on him to play effectively or at all. 

I think with the moves they made with Wake. Evans being able to play on the edge. And more draft picks to come, they feel we can be covered on the edge. 

Johnson and Jones aren't terrible. They just aren't game changers. They are solid to ok. 

And another guy through the draft. Maybe sign a late vet. And the defense can sustain or maybe improve their top ten level as last year. 

great point. ive often had the same opinions about the edge. with that being said tho, I still do think they bring in a body but maybe its later in the draft? what does that open up for our second rounder to be do you think? Our second rounder may be our only rookie starter this year if its on the oline as that's about the only spot I see a rookie playing heavy minutes for us at.

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Horrified by this video!  Lol

Glad they didn't show this on TV. I would have never recovered. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

😩 Jones is solid as a run defender I give you that, however johnson is trash. He gets washed in the run game & cant anchor as a 0 technique always getting drove off the line

I was at Endgame last night so I had to catch up after the first round was over.  Pretty psyched about this pick.  I read comps to Richard Seymour and the ACL doesn't worry me at all.  That's routine at this point.  We should have him for 10 years if things go right.  Three months of missed action is a small price to pay.

The "fight" happened three years ago, he was defending his sister and everyone on his team is saying how much he grew up in the past three years.  I don't think this is a character flaw as much as a young foolish mistake that he's learned from.

Love the gamble of getting a potential game-changer and top 10 (I've even heard top 5) talent at #19.  

Can't figure out how to link to it, but two Bleacher Report guys both gave the pick an A+.

Watching the press conference, you can tell Vrabel got into his head already. Last night during the conference call with media, he gave all kinds of info on a timeline and today not much at all lol.