Titans first round pick #19. Titans select Jeffrey Simmons

KingTitan

It's funny how people try to defend hitting a woman. 

I worked in the court system years ago... We saw all sorts of things and dealt with TROs, juvi court, etc. I never worked directly with it (I was finance, not corrections or enforcement) but I've seen enough bad **** to know its never acceptable.

But whatever. 

20 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I worked in the court system years ago... We saw all sorts of things and dealt with TROs, juvi court, etc. I never worked directly with it (I was finance, not corrections or enforcement) but I've seen enough bad **** to know its never acceptable.

But whatever. 

I would never try to justify what he did. What he did was awful no way around it, and he'll have to live with that mistake for the rest of his life.  But personally I don't feel like it's my place to crucify him for a mistake that he made in high school.  Other fans might feel differently, and that's their right, but I'm willing to support and welcome Jeff to the team. I believe that he deserves a second chance, and I will cheer for him just like I would any of the other guys.  He's got my trust and support until proven otherwise.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

But whatever. 

That's what you take from it? That I'm "defending hitting a woman" ?? You've worked in the court system.. great.. last few years I've dealt with it personally with close friends dealing with abuse of all types.

This isn't to say my opinion is better than yours, but it's coming from a place of being able to identify the difference between 

1 - hitting a woman / abuse / woman beater

And

2 - J. Simmons situation

You just can't group them altogether just because it's a woman. Again, he should have just broken it up and not allowed his emotions to get the best of him and started hitting the woman. There was absolutely no reason to do it. But, he was young still a child and the video being shown nationally DURING his first round pick is A LOT to deal with. I'm all good with supporting him. Now time to focus on the field.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

But whatever. 

As a general rule, I don't initiate physical confrontations with women. Nothing good will ever come of it. However, I don't project the same level of fragility onto women as you do, and if it ever becomes a question of defense for either myself or a loved one, you can bet your *** I will respond physically.   

• Like 2

On 5/2/2019 at 7:22 AM, ShupacTakur said:

As a general rule, I don't initiate physical confrontations with women. Nothing good will ever come of it. However, I don't project the same level of fragility onto women as you do, and if it ever becomes a question of defense for either myself or a loved one, you can bet your *** I will respond physically.   

Yeah context is key.   Abuse of any one in any situation zero tolerance.  Stepping into a fight well that is hard to say without context and knowing not only the incident but the whole situation    His age plays a huge part let me tell you.  In my case no way would I “hit” some one breaking up a fight female - male  but I am an adult and trained to deal with violent and potentially violent situations with out using   Excessive force    And he is a kid and emotions do play.     And guys there are females out there that can be bigger bullies then the guys

Edited by quiller
  • Like 1

great pick.. seems like albert hayneworth all over again except without the laziness tag and motivational issues. all the off the field stuff is media fluff at this point. as far as I'm a concerned, once this acl injury is behind him, he's good to go. I think at the most he plays 10 games, but at the very least, he's on the field for at least 6 games, EASY!

2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

great pick.. seems like albert hayneworth all over again except without the laziness tag and motivational issues. all the off the field stuff is media fluff at this point. as far as I'm a concerned, once this acl injury is behind him, he's good to go. I think at the most he plays 10 games, but at the very least, he's on the field for at least 6 games, EASY!

I pray 2 god he’s Albert haynesworth however I see more Fletcher Cox when I watch him same body type & skill set 

• Like 1