1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

I mean, the Old Fashioned is the template for ~97% of effective cocktails, but most of the time people order it because either they or the bartender doesn't have anything more interesting on their mind.  It's just the most elemental form of the "something sweet + something bitter/sour + spirit, and balance it" formula.  It is a good test of a bartender's mettle though, like the "order spaghetti and meat sauce" at a new Italian joint to see if they have the basics down.  I have to say though, anybody who can make a mai tai *correctly* is a lot more impressive, but those folks are few and far between.  If you think people screw up old fashioned by unnecessary bells and whistles, never expect a refined tiki drink.

What does any of this have to do with Darnell Savage?

36 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Imagine ordering a "Savage" and you get something delightful to drink. I'd be so let down.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

It's a three wise men but with bottom shelf booze.

I'd much rather be let down than drink that second thing.

21 hours ago, vegas492 said:

For me, it goes like this...with bourbon.

Get a rock of ice in there.  Pour bourbon till it barely covers the ice.  Take a sip.  Enjoy a minute.  Take another sip.  Enjoy it for a minute or two.  Then...eff it....GUULLLP!  Repeat.

For me, I prefer the taste of bourbon straight over ice as opposed to mixing it.  And...only one hangover in 2 years or so of pretty much drinking bourbon exclusively.

I prefer bourbon at room temp with a few drops of water.....for me that is delicious also no hangovers

• Like 1

McGinn:

Darnell Savage, S, Maryland (9, 9): Unlike for Gary, personnel people expressed high praise for Savage (5-10 ½, 197, 4.35). In fact, two scouts went so far as to compare him to Earl Thomas (5-10 ½, 205, 4.45), the 14th pick in 2010 who became a worthy successor to Ed Reed as the best free safety in the game.

“He’s small, but Earl Thomas was small,” one executive said Sunday. “Same sort of history. Former corner played safety. Coverage skills. Earl’s really explosive, but so is this kis

He insisted the comparison was far from ridiculous.

“I don’t want to make that comparison but I would say, yeah,” said another personnel man. “I like him.”

Other than height, the only semi-knock on Savage would be how much punch he provides as a tackler.

Of the three scouts, two thought Savage still would have been there at the Packers’ 30th pick. The other guessed he would have been taken before then.

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Need to invent a drink called The Savage. I got nothing other than it need to be served in a highball. 

Maybe rebranded cologne... to cover the smell of the alcohol...

5b2c69d75d6edf7000646d5da1ea4b44.jpg

Edited by Fox_NFLs_GG