1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

14 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Some classic bottles on this list. Never heard of Calumet Farms Black Label... Kentucky Bourbon?

Embarrassed to say I’ve never tried EH Taylor or McKenna. Got to give those a shot.

I seem to sit on the wheated bourbon side and for some reason I love Rye although I really like wheat and rye bread so maybe there’s something to that.

Sipping Makers 46 right now, little different than regular Makers and smoother. If you like the classic oaky bourbons it might not be for you. 

Gary would be a glass of WhistlePig  surprisingly smooth for a strong drink. Rare athlete/whiskey you just don’t see every day.

Savage is like a Gentlemen Jack great all around whiskey and super smooth.

Pretty good glass of first round talent.

I've got some Gentleman at my bar.  I like it.  Also a little scotch, but tons of bourbon.

McKenna won some pretty big bourbon awards last year and became tougher to find.  Price went from $28 to $40, too.

Always been tempted by WhistlePig.  Probably need to buy a pour at a bar, first.

If you like wheated bourbon, those are sweeter, right?  I'd recommend you to Eagle Rare and McKenna first.  Calumet Farms Black Label is amazing, but too pricey to start out and yes, Kentucky bourbon.  Made by the same distiller that does Bird Dog, I think.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Need to invent a drink called The Savage. I got nothing other than it need to be served in a highball. 

When Madden gets released, get his speed score.  I'll find a bourbon close to that proof and we can build it from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

good read. I've only had one whiskey on the MGP list:

http://recenteats.blogspot.com/p/the-complete-list-of-american-whiskey.html#WI

Bulleit Rye, which I never bought because of its "craft status" anyway :)

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Need to invent a drink called The Savage. I got nothing other than it need to be served in a highball. 

No highball, too much filler. 

Savage: One shot of Patron every half hour for as long as you can remember your name.....

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The worst sour mash you can think of.. the old crow sounds especially heinous. Cant say I've ever drank it before.

I bought "Ron Burgandy Scotch" as a joke one time...  Joke was on me.  That was real bad.  But I guess you get what you pay for with a $20 bottle of Scotch? Anyway, I brought it to a wedding reception at my apartment that was getting hammered and someone finished it.

57 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I bought "Ron Burgandy Scotch" as a joke one time...  Joke was on me.  That was real bad.  But I guess you get what you pay for with a $20 bottle of Scotch? Anyway, I brought it to a wedding reception at my apartment that was getting hammered and someone finished it.

You an entire wheel of cheese? I’m not even mad. That’s impressive.

Watched his presser.  Good looking rook.  Gotta work on his speaking skills tho.  "you know what I am saying"  ughhhh....finished almost every sentence with it.  Seems like a good kid hopefully he adjusts quickly.  know what I'm saying?  ha ha ha....I had a problem with the "yah know"  but broke it eventually when they started a Jimmie's yah know yah know fund.  hee hee hee...had to put a buck a jar every time I said it.