1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

I really like this pick. We have covered a lot so far this off season. Something tells me Gutey believes in TT's philosophy of 4th and 5th round tackles. With Madison back in the picture too we are filling holes IMO. Not to mention getting younger and more athletic. 

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Sorry I didn't get my reaction in earlier, I was too busy FREAKING THE **** OUT HAPPY OMG I WAS SO SCARED WE WERE GOING TO DRAFT A WR OR TE OR QB BUT WE GOT A SAFETY AND HE'S FAST AND HAS A

******* SAVAGE LAST NAME

Second round pro bowl WR followed by a TE in the 3rd will complete this draft for me.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Adderley ran like a 4.68 at his pro day

Savage ran a 4.36 at the combine

Made that distinction easier for me between these two

Adderley pulled his hamstring on his only 40 run, so you can throw that time away. 

Either way, Savage plays a step faster than Adderely, but Adderely is the more fluid player. 

• Like 1

Seriously...

In twenty years, somebody is going to post an NFL meme that says something like...

The Seahawks had the Legion of Boom, lost Richard Sherman and then Earl Thomas, and instead of drafting Jaire Alexander and Darnell Savage, they gained a 3rd round pick and two fourth round picks. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Weird comp.

I guess I'd ask you to point me in the direction of what you're looking at cause I haven't seen it.

I see Bob Sanders. 

He's a really good player either way, but he isn't Collins. 

Had more picks in 2 seasons than Bob had in his NFL career. Bob was a head hunting alley enforcer. Savage is a S/nickel combo built exactly like Collins was. Nick used his closing speed to make turnover plays not hits. I don't see the Sanders comp personally.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Donzo said:

100 pressures in three years as a teenager doesn't count?

oZwjSib.jpg

100 pressures?

Listen, I was trolling. I've taken my deep breaths. I'm not particularly happy with this pick. The lack of production and his shoulder really concern me. He's a huge boom or bust prospect, a bit of a project if you will.