1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

3 minutes ago, mightybk said:

Think about it this way:  we traded our 4th rd pick and HHCD for an upgrade at HHCD's position.  Sounds like a good trade to me. 

I'm VERY optimistic too. But he is a rookie. Give him time to grow. Amos is more or less to replace HHCD. 

Rob Demovsky:

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said he moved up from 30 to 21 for several reasons:

*It wasn't a deep safety group.
*Darnell Savage was "an absolute difference maker."
*Didn't think Savage would be there at 30.

So - comparatively - Gute didnt think highly of the other FS - and given the only other one to go in the first round was Abrams (who I didnt want any part of cause he was Box Safety Redux......) - he very well may have been right. 

Regardless - I like the talent and the position filled with that talent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, badgers0821 said:

Still a little confused why we didn’t go OT somewhere in round 1 when they all started falling.  When our offense is top 5 we have a good/great OL, right now our OL is subpar...and we missed the playoffs.

How is our OL subpar?

Still a little confused why we didn’t go OT somewhere in round 1 when they all started falling.  When our offense is top 5 we have a good/great OL, right now our OL is subpar...and we missed the playoffs.

Packers must feel that the Turner signing and Cole Madison showing up for mini camp gives them the depth fill starting RG and cover for any injuries.

also, even though he hasn’t lived up to his draft status, Spriggs has improved and was playing decent football before he got hurt (again)...

Do Rodgers took all those sacks and had historical throwaway numbers because he sucks? Not because our OL was bad?

He took those sacks and throw aways because he held on to the ball too long or didn't throw to/trust a perceived open receiver. Little of that had to do with our offensive line.