1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I wondered the same thing...

Bakhtiari-Taylor-Linsley-Turner-Bulaga

That looks pretty good to me.  

One elite starter, one good player and three other spots that are sub-par...not sure how the overall line isn’t subpar.  Taylor regressed in a major way last year, don’t act like we even know what Turner will be as a part time player from a terrible Denver O line and at RT that can’t stay healthy. 

Just now, badgers0821 said:

One elite starter, one good player and three other spots that are sub-par...not sure how the overall line isn’t subpar.  Taylor regressed in a major way last year, don’t act like we even know what Turner will be as a part time player from a terrible Denver O line and at RT that can’t stay healthy. 

Linsley is pretty good. Bak/Bulaga are great when healthy. Turner is better than any guards we had last year. We can get some depth there still in the draft and be fine. 

Just now, badgers0821 said:

One elite starter, one good player and three other spots that are sub-par 

What line are you looking at? 

Linsley and Bakhtiari are both two of the best players at their positions. 

Bulaga has been a Top RT-- when healthy. 

They didn't sign Turner because they think he's subpar. 

Wood just reported that Taylor dealt with an ankle injury all last season that limited his range of motion (a pretty big deal, if you ask me). 

That's not a subpar OL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Exactly. I get wanting a replacement for Bulaga long term but saying our OL is subpar is disingenuous.

I'm not terribly worried about depth either.  McCray has started at RT and RG, and I think he has played at LG too.  Spriggs had a horrible preseason a couple of years ago, but has played pretty well since.  They seem to really like Siragusa and Madison, and Pankey has stuck around for a while.  I think we are having some unrealistic expectations for second string OL.  It is a very difficult position to play league-wide.  

We can always add more talent to the OL group.  And there will be a lot of important decisions to be made as far as contracts in the next couple of seasons.  But I don't think it is a need right now.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm not terribly worried about depth either.  McCray has started at RT and RG, and I think he has played at LG too.  Spriggs had a horrible preseason a couple of years ago, but has played pretty well since.  They seem to really like Siragusa and Madison, and Pankey has stuck around for a while.  I think we are having some unrealistic expectations for second string OL.  It is a very difficult position to play league-wide.  

We can always add more talent to the OL group.  And there will be a lot of important decisions to be made as far as contracts in the next couple of seasons.  But I don't think it is a need right now.

Agreed 100%

2 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Is Linsley or Bulaga the "good"? Taylor is league average in a major way. Billy also grades around average at G. Theres so many stats supporting the good OL Pass Protect. When 3 of 5 are above league average tou have a very good OL. Wanna argue Bryan cant stay healthy? Okay. Spriggs has been steady getting better. I wouldnt argue with adding someone to the room but the situation isnt dire.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Exactly. I get wanting a replacement for Bulaga long term but saying our OL is subpar is disingenuous.

I still think this is pretty low priority because:

(1) I don't understand why everyone seems to think Bulaga is done after this year. He has a lot of mileage being a young rookie, but if he keeps his body right he'd be nice to keep around for a few years yet

(2) Do any of these OT project as better RTs than Spriggs going forward? And, if yes, how much better that it warrants a 1st, 2nd or 3rd day pick to take that shot.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see an OT taken because we do have questions marks going forward at OT depth, but it's far less pressing than many other spots IMO

• Like 3

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I still think this is pretty low priority because:

(1) I don't understand why everyone seems to think Bulaga is done after this year. He has a lot of mileage being a young rookie, but if he keeps his body right he'd be nice to keep around for a few years yet

(2) Do any of these OT project as better RTs than Spriggs going forward? And, if yes, how much better that it warrants a 1st, 2nd or 3rd day pick to take that shot.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see an OT taken because we do have questions marks going forward at OT depth, but it's far less pressing than many other spots IMO

Not to be that guy but I'm gonna be that guy.

The same could be said about the WR position - many can't wait to spend a pick there

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Does our 3 safety package look like:

Savage-Amos-Jones, Savage-Amos-Tramon, Savage-Amos-Jackson?

I am excited to have a truly fast safety on the field again.

Greene is in the mix. Have no clue what will happen to Jones

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Not to be that guy but I'm gonna be that guy.

The same could be said about the WR position - many can't wait to spend a pick there

we don't have a bulaga at WR anymore.

we have a couple spriggs

and we play 0.5 more WRs than OTs

Edited by incognito_man