1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Quiting on your team and walking off the field during a game is just plain old incompetence.

But the staff isn't cutting him for that by this explanation. He did all that **** and they DIDN'T cut him. Players had to throw their jerseys on Mike's desk Rudy style apparently

• Like 1

Keep in mind the players who were probably complaining about Randall likely included Clinton-Dix, House, Matthews, Perry, Ryan, Brice, Burnett... If you're not getting where I'm going with this, look at the players who were on our defensive roster at the end of 2017 and who is on the roster now.  

But sure, say it was a good idea to get rid of Randall.  Lol OMG.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Keep in mind the players who were probably complaining about Randall likely included Clinton-Dix, House, Matthews, Perry, Ryan, Brice, Burnett... If you're not getting where I'm going with this, look at the players who were on our defensive roster at the end of 2017 and who is on the roster now.  

But sure, say it was a good idea to get rid of Randall.  Lol OMG.

It was a good idea to get rid of Randall.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It was a good idea to get rid of Randall.

I don't even think it was a "bad" idea. I'm just mad we got trash for a young starter. And now Kizer and Cole have potential yada yada. We got dog**** returns

• Like 1

Part of that was Randall. But he's doing great at his proper position in Cleveland.

Most of that is on Capers and MM. We don't know what Randall's real grief was. He didn't handle it well. But they mishandled that secondary for years. Huuuuuuuge waste 

Gute gets an A+ so far for turning this team around. And the whole story won't be know for a long time I'm guessing.

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't even think it was a "bad" idea. I'm just mad we got trash for a young starter. And now Kizer and Cole have potential yada yada. We got dog**** returns

I'm just mad we didnt play him at Saftey

Edited by Burnett42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBobGray said:

Man the story on Randall has really flipped from what he was as a prospect.  Randall had more TFL his senior season than Savage had in his entire collegiate career, and notched 5 less tackles than Savage in ~ half the games played.  How can anyone say he had no toughness or aggressiveness?  The dude was all over the field.  If anything he had a similar problem to Savage; not always breaking down and making good tackles in the open field because he was going too fast.  That's not even remotely uncommon for college safeties.  

Whatever your issues with Randall were coming out, it's hard to imagine one of them would have been aggressiveness.

Yeah this was my impression. He may have changed during his tenure in GB but I never saw Randall as a soft player in college tape or his rookie season. 

16 minutes ago, Burnett42 said:

I'm just mad we didnt play him at Saftey

Well that's a big part of it. I didn't even mind starting him out at corner. But then to just give up for nothing when we needed that position

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Well that's a big part of it. I didn't even mind starting him out at corner. But then to just give up for nothing when we needed that position

Do you actually know:

How many teams (other than CLE) GB offered DR to?

1, 2, 12?

What any of those teams were willing to take DR on for?

Do you actually now any of that (?) cause minus that information - minus actually knowing that - you dont know if Kizer was all GB could get for the guy.

DR had to go. By time it happened - it had to happen - which happens sometimes and you get what you can - AND - with a backup QB situation of the recently putrid Mr. Hundley - Kizer became the guy.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

But we've clearly been down this road enough. 

I'll buy you 3 of any drink you like if you sign the document:

"From where the Sun now stands, I will fight no more (about D. Randall) forever"

signed,
Chief Norm of the Nez Perce

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Do you actually know:

How many teams (other than CLE) GB offered DR to?

1, 2, 12?

What any of those teams were willing to take DR on for?

Do you actually now any of that (?) cause minus that information - minus actually knowing that - you dont know if Kizer was all GB could get for the guy.

DR had to go. By time it happened - it had to happen - which happens sometimes and you get what you can - AND - with a backup QB situation of the recently putrid Mr. Hundley - Kizer became the guy.

I'll be dead honest. I don't give a ****. Lol. I never claimed we turned down awesome offers. I'm saying 

WE GOT "NOTHING" FOR A STARTING CALIBER SAFETY.

That's what happened. I get he was a turd here. I get maybe nobody wanted him. At the end of the day we got a dime for a dollar. That's what happened. 

Look. I love you all. But only GB fans defend this thing. You can't find me 5 non GB fans who defend this thing on planet Earth. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I'll buy you 3 of any drink you like if you sign the document:

"From where the Sun now stands, I will fight no more (about D. Randall) forever"

signed,
Chief Norm of the Nez Perce

This is your fault lol. You drug me in. You should buy me 6. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

That is incredibly vague and could be used for every single opinion on the internet.  Not interesting at all actually.

Go ahead and keep blaming it all on the front office as is your want.  Just like most divorces- both sides contributed their fair share, but it sounds like 'a fair few of the internet reports' claimed Randall burned his bridges in the locker room.

Look at tackles and TFLs in their college careers. Does that satisfy your idea that this is baseless speculation?