1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

43 minutes ago, Leader said:

Do you actually know:

How many teams (other than CLE) GB offered DR to?

1, 2, 12?

What any of those teams were willing to take DR on for?

Do you actually now any of that (?) cause minus that information - minus actually knowing that - you dont know if Kizer was all GB could get for the guy.

DR had to go. By time it happened - it had to happen - which happens sometimes and you get what you can - AND - with a backup QB situation of the recently putrid Mr. Hundley - Kizer became the guy.

Doubt he had to go. Everything you hear in the media isnt true, and what is true is greatly exaggerated. Should have been starting at saftey last year.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

You'll have to explain that logic. I think I'm understanding (and answering) your questions/comments clearly enough.

I'm not arguing Gute blows because he took a crappier offer than he could have. I'm mad we had what proved to be a starting caliber safety and didn't get to use him or get anything for him. I'm not trying to pretend he turned down something way better. YES I'm using hindsight that he ended up being okay last year. But I was bitching right when it happened too. 

I don't like getting nothing for something. I get there were OBVIOUSLY factors involved that created that situation and compensation. It doesn't mean I'm not annoyed by it anyways 

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Burnett42 said:

Doubt he had to go. Everything you hear in the media isnt true, and what is true is greatly exaggerated. Should have been starting at saftey last year.

Media good when Randall traded.

Media bad when says Aaron is **** head

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

Not being Ted makes you GOAT. Half this Randall stuff is because it was new shiny GM. Ted got murdered for the Sitton cut. "But it had to be done so it's cool." But people didn't accept that

Thats (Edit: not) consistent with my thinking or comments on this matter at all. Not in the slightest.

Edited by Leader

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

He was damaged goods.

Outside the potential (or possible) other offers from any other teams - which you dont know about - thats what happens when you're dealing damaged goods.

As for this: WE GOT "NOTHING" FOR A STARTING CALIBER SAFETY - at the time of the tranaction - you didnt know that either.

A #10 first round pick - a starting QB - just got dealt for what some would consider less than his market value. He was a steal.
A QB - certainly a premium position. A top ten pick even.

Now - AZ kinda backed themselves into this corner with all their pre-draft pub about not wanting him - welllllll, because they're incompetent - but still - they didnt get first round (#10) value back in return did they.

It happens.

You dont like Kizer. We get it.

There were plenty that thought he would succeed at saftey the second one the Browns announced that's where he would play. I mean even the packers admitted they played him out of postion. That was all before he played a snap at saftey.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

...Bringing in two UDFA QBs looks ominous for Kizer from my point of view. I could see Boyle as the #2 with one of the UDFA on the PS.

I think they normally like to have some QB's around, particularly for rookie camps and minicamps and stuff.  Rodgers doesn't get assigned a lot of throws.  So you want some QB's just to share out the throws.  Once actual camp opens, probably want 4, not 5 arms splitting the throws.  But this is a chance to take a look.  

Note:  I think it's maybe uncertain that Kizer was MM's guy.  Gute was the head of college scouting.  So there's a fair chance that Gute and MM both thought highly of him, for better or for worse.  

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Not you. But it's true for plenty. I didn't mean to put that on you.

No problem - I'm not taking any of this personally. I'm on record as thinking we should have hired a true boundary CB. Not a Safety.
He was drafted for need - but he wasnt the player we clearly needed - thats on Ted IMO.

His "future" may have been at FS - but there's nothing in his time at GB indicating that was in the plans - and by time he was traded, it wasnt due to on the field performance "per se" - you follow my drift I'm sure. 

10 minutes ago, craig said:

I think they normally like to have some QB's around, particularly for rookie camps and minicamps and stuff.  Rodgers doesn't get assigned a lot of throws.  So you want some QB's just to share out the throws.  Once actual camp opens, probably want 4, not 5 arms splitting the throws.  But this is a chance to take a look.  

Note:  I think it's maybe uncertain that Kizer was MM's guy.  Gute was the head of college scouting.  So there's a fair chance that Gute and MM both thought highly of him, for better or for worse.  

You could be right. I'm just speculating.

33 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How the hell do you conclude that? 

I'm predicting a bit here. I really like MLF.

But it was looking really bad especially six months ago.

Just wait and see in September.

I like his drafts, hires, and trying to navigate out of a complete mess. Some were predicting a return to the 80s.

I see the opposite. Not nearly as dismal as others and I think he nailed this draft (with some luck). He's drafting reminds me of how TT used to draft his first years.

Edited by JaireAlex