1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I'm predicting a bit here. I really like MLF.

But it was looking really bad especially six months ago.

Just wait and see in September.

The team was always going to look way better this year than last year. That's what happens when you cycle bad contacts off your cap

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

You've already stated you dont know what other offers were out there.

Something is getting lost in translation. That's still what I'm saying. I'm not mad he turned down a better offer. I'm mad that's what it came down to. Having to get what we got.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I'm predicting a bit here. I really like MLF.

But it was looking really bad especially six months ago.

Just wait and see in September.

I like his drafts, hires, and trying to navigate out of a complete mess. Some were predicting a return to the 80s.

I see the opposite. Not nearly as dismal as others and I think he nailed this draft (with some luck). He's drafting reminds me of how TT used to draft his first years.

What complete mess?

20 minutes ago, Norm said:

Something is getting lost in translation. That's still what I'm saying. I'm not mad he turned down a better offer. I'm mad that's what it came down to. Having to get what we got.

Thats fine. Not a problem. Its a ***** when any top draft pick doesnt work out - we share that disappointment - but - as previously stated, I believe the organization tried to fit a round peg into a square hole (positionally) from the get go.

It's not a point of contention with me. Couldnt care less actually. It was a bad talent eval based on needs at the time. We determined because of some JUCO success DR could hold down the boundary CB slot. Okay - such considerations arent unusual and DRs performance wasnt atrociously bad.

It happens.

That not withstanding - it CLEARLY became the players performance, demeanor and actions that led to GB deciding he had to go prematurely. The option of moving DR to FS couldnt be entertained by GB. Not on the table. He had to go.

What we got - and why thats "all" we got - is PURE subjective supposition based on reviews of Kizer's performance. Totally. Minus knowledge of any other offers - no one can presume others existed. This isnt in fact fantasy football. It could very well have been a totally dry well - except for the drop of water that was Kizer.

Done.

Perceived problem player out - perceived backup QB in.

Done #2 and life goes on.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What complete mess?

You'd think the Packers hadn't played both Super Bowl teams competitively on the road, or that the team had no young talent at all even though Thompson was responsible for Aaron Jones, David Bahktiari, Kenny Clark, Davante Adams, Corey Linsley, Blake Martinez, etc.

Man I can't wait to see how Packers fans handle it when this team is actually bad.

5 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

You'd think the Packers hadn't played both Super Bowl teams competitively on the road, or that the team had no young talent at all even though Thompson was responsible for Aaron Jones, David Bahktiari, Kenny Clark, Davante Adams, Corey Linsley, Blake Martinez, etc.

Man I can't wait to see how Packers fans handle it when this team is actually bad.

I think we'll be just fine but the excuses are already built in for failure. We signed free agents so you'll get "well at least we tried!" That's my guess anyways

Edit: meaning like 2-3 years down the road like as Aaron is done. Not right away or anything

Edited by Norm

No one knows exactly what happened with Randall, and it's weird to see so many people attempt to create explanations based off seeing maybe 1/20th of the picture.  A few third hand quotes from unnamed sources isn't exactly the kind of smoking gun people should be clinging to with the fervor they are.  Whether it was Randall's fault, the team's fault or both is irrelevant; he's gone and so is nearly every relevant party.  We can discuss the accountability of former players and front office personnel all day, but if we're going to do that there's a lot better places to start in Packers' history than Damarious Randall.

A repeated refrain in Gute's comments about selections has been "wired right", "like the way he's wired", and other comments about guys' personalities and clubhouse fit and team-first stuff.  MLF's initial interviews have also reflected a really strong emphasis/valuation on team culture.  

With the Randall situation, and the weirdness with Ty Montgomery and his exit, and some of the Rodgers rumors as well, it seems to me that there was some pretty dysfunctional and toxic clubhouse chemistry with the team recently.  

Winning can cover up a lot of things.  And the NFL is full of egos and stuff, so maybe the Packer clubhouse was no more toxic and dysfunctional than most of the other teams in the league, beats me. 

But I get the sense that MLF is pretty prioritized about having a healthy clubhouse and team culture; and Gute is pretty prioritized on that, too.  

I don't blame them, I do think that stuff is pretty important.  

I get a good initial feel from MLF about his judgement and people skills.  I think he's maybe got a good chance to cure some of those clubhouse ills, and to maybe nip some others in the bud before they get out of control.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, craig said:

A repeated refrain in Gute's comments about selections has been "wired right", "like the way he's wired", and other comments about guys' personalities and clubhouse fit and team-first stuff.  MLF's initial interviews have also reflected a really strong emphasis/valuation on team culture.  

With the Randall situation, and the weirdness with Ty Montgomery and his exit, and some of the Rodgers rumors as well, it seems to me that there was some pretty dysfunctional and toxic clubhouse chemistry with the team recently.  

Winning can cover up a lot of things.  And the NFL is full of egos and stuff, so maybe the Packer clubhouse was no more toxic and dysfunctional than most of the other teams in the league, beats me. 

But I get the sense that MLF is pretty prioritized about having a healthy clubhouse and team culture; and Gute is pretty prioritized on that, too.  

I don't blame them, I do think that stuff is pretty important.  

I get a good initial feel from MLF about his judgement and people skills.  I think he's maybe got a good chance to cure some of those clubhouse ills, and to maybe nip some others in the bud before they get out of control.  

He installed a basketball hoop in the team meeting room. 

I don't know why or what the intention is but I find it interesting.

6 minutes ago, deathstar said:

He installed a basketball hoop in the team meeting room. 

I don't know why or what the intention is but I find it interesting.

Next up he’s going to suggest the team use an open office plan and install a slide down from the second floor. And start calling Lambeau the Campus. 

• Like 2