1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Ah the trade that inspired one of the best websites ever created.

RIP FireGute.com

TBF, I think I actually didn't do until we cut Jordy, IIRC. But those happened close together?

Just now, Norm said:

I never signed anything.

I have a copy in front of me, perhaps you forgot about signing it late one evening ?
Also noted: Alcohol doesn't make you forget anything. When you get really drunk, the brain temporarily loses the ability to create new memories.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nah man it was like in the first 15 pages immediately after the trade. It was glorious.

that's funny you remember it better than I do lol

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

I have a copy in front of me, perhaps you forgot about signing it late one evening ?
Also noted: Alcohol doesn't make you forget anything. When you get really drunk, the brain temporarily loses the ability to create new memories.

I haven't been drinking much lately so ha.

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I've picked up your slack.  Me and bourbon have become very familiar with one another.

Nothing like a Makers 46 over a giant ice cube to sip and enjoy with your feet up after a long day. Also love me some Four Roses and will splurge on WhistlePig Rye when important people stop over.

Whats your favorite Bourbon/Rye?

10 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Nothing like a Makers 46 over a giant ice cube to sip and enjoy with your feet up after a long day. Also love me some Four Roses and will splurge on WhistlePig Rye when important people stop over.

Four roses single barrel and basil Hayden are my favorite Bourbons. But I'm a rye guy.

Driftless Glen young rye (baraboo, WI) is quite excellent and my go-to local option. Generally have bulleit rye in my decanter. Costco always had a good price on them. Not a fan of bulleit bourbon, however.

Actually just picked up a four roses SB a few days ago on sale. The SB is significantly better than their other offerings IMO.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Four roses single barrel and basil Hayden are my favorite Bourbons. But I'm a rye guy.

Driftless Glen young rye (baraboo, WI) is quite excellent and my go-to local option. Generally have bulleit rye in my decanter. Costco always had a good price on them. Not a fan of bulleit bourbon, however.

Actually just picked up a four roses SB a few days ago on sale. The SB is significantly better than their other offerings IMO.

Never had Driftless Glen but I’ll put it in my “next to try” list. Also really like J Henry made in Dane WI. 

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Basil Haydens is my new goto for just about any mood, also its my gift to most of my customers I'm trying to butter up. Taste high end, low on hang overs, limits drunkenness, and fairly affordable. 

Darnell Savage was the one player I wanted in this draft. If he hits our secondary is young, good, and fast.  My new concern is can Kevin King actually play some ball games?

If for some reason our defense doesn't pan out, we're in big trouble. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Bourbon.  Love it over a block of ice!

Calumet Farms Black Label.  Next up is Elijah Craig Barrel Proof.  Then Blantons.  

Also love Col. EH Taylor, Knob Creek single barrel and Henry McKenna.  Eagle Rare and regular Knob Creek as the "everyday" bourbon.

Not much into Rye.  Tried Four Roses a long time ago, probably need to try the small batch again.

I have a Makers Mark Cask Strength bottle.  Most disappointing bottle that I own.  Gives me heartburn right away.  Took it on a musky fishing trip and despite catching a 42, 45 and 45.5, it still was a bad bottle and no one in the boat would drink it.  That bottle has kept me away from Makers entirely.  Which probably isn't fair.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Are you guys going to compare Savage to a certain liquor or just tip toe around it

I was ready to drink Blantons with the Packers first pick, because I convinced myself that they were going up for Oliver.  And when they didn't, I was convinced the pick would be Wilkens or Burns.  That would have gotten me to drink out of my one bottle of Blantons, it is hard for me to find.  But when Gary came up?  I went with Rabbit Hole.  Lesser than Blantons but still a good bottle.

Continued that bottle with Savage.  Savage Rabbit Hole Gary.