1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

I don't understand how people sip at alcohol drinks.  It's why I almost always drink beer.  I like taking big damn gulps, not little sips like a child.  If I drink anything other than beer, it's some kind of cocktail so I can actually drink it.  The only time I sip anything is when I drink coffee, which I heat to boiling. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't understand how people sip at alcohol drinks.  It's why I almost always drink beer.  I like taking big damn gulps, not little sips like a child.  If I drink anything other than beer, it's some kind of cocktail so I can actually drink it.  The only time I sip anything is when I drink coffee, which I heat to boiling. 

For me, it goes like this...with bourbon.

Get a rock of ice in there.  Pour bourbon till it barely covers the ice.  Take a sip.  Enjoy a minute.  Take another sip.  Enjoy it for a minute or two.  Then...eff it....GUULLLP!  Repeat.

For me, I prefer the taste of bourbon straight over ice as opposed to mixing it.  And...only one hangover in 2 years or so of pretty much drinking bourbon exclusively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

oh man, I love the experience of letting a great manhattan just sit on my palate. i'm rarely in the mood for a beer anymore. Pretty much only crave either a light Kolsch-style when it's hot out or a heavy, dark stout or porter in the winter. Otherwise all about my whiskey.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Without knowing what cocktails you drink and the alcohol content in them, its hard to say. I love margaritas that I make from scratch (no mixed crap). I wouldn't say I sip them but I definitely don't gulp them. If I did that and drank more than 2-3 in quick succession, I would not last very long.

Also, if you are a scotch drinker (I do so occassionally), there is no way you can drink/gulp it. Well, you can but it would just beat the purpose of drinking scotch.

Edited by fistfullofbeer

51 minutes ago, Leader said:

"Savage is first first rounder to get a deal done"

Everything about this guy is fast.....I like it! :)

I want a list of every first first rounder to sign. I'm guessing they're all All Pros lol kidding but still I'm curious

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

oh man, I love the experience of letting a great manhattan just sit on my palate. i'm rarely in the mood for a beer anymore. Pretty much only crave either a light Kolsch-style when it's hot out or a heavy, dark stout or porter in the winter. Otherwise all about my whiskey.

Love a Manhattan but I’m more for a old fansioned.  You Wisconsin people like to drink

some swearin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Go ahead.
Nobodies stopping you.
Goals in life are a good thing :)

I tried see googling and it was a disaster. I'm sure the best way is going through the transaction thing on NFL. I'm guessing they're on there

Just now, Norm said:

I tried see googling and it was a disaster. I'm sure the best way is going through the transaction thing on NFL. I'm guessing they're on there

It's still early. I couldnt tell you a "one site shopping" location.
Can I ask a question? Why you interested in tracking that?

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Bourbon.  Love it over a block of ice!

Calumet Farms Black Label.  Next up is Elijah Craig Barrel Proof.  Then Blantons.  

Also love Col. EH Taylor, Knob Creek single barrel and Henry McKenna.  Eagle Rare and regular Knob Creek as the "everyday" bourbon.

Not much into Rye.  Tried Four Roses a long time ago, probably need to try the small batch again.

I have a Makers Mark Cask Strength bottle.  Most disappointing bottle that I own.  Gives me heartburn right away.  Took it on a musky fishing trip and despite catching a 42, 45 and 45.5, it still was a bad bottle and no one in the boat would drink it.  That bottle has kept me away from Makers entirely.  Which probably isn't fair.

Some classic bottles on this list. Never heard of Calumet Farms Black Label... Kentucky Bourbon?

Embarrassed to say I’ve never tried EH Taylor or McKenna. Got to give those a shot.

I seem to sit on the wheated bourbon side and for some reason I love Rye although I really like wheat and rye bread so maybe there’s something to that.

Sipping Makers 46 right now, little different than regular Makers and smoother. If you like the classic oaky bourbons it might not be for you. 

Gary would be a glass of WhistlePig  surprisingly smooth for a strong drink. Rare athlete/whiskey you just don’t see every day.

Savage is like a Gentlemen Jack great all around whiskey and super smooth.

Pretty good glass of first round talent.

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1