Eagles Draft: 1st round (22 ovr): Andre Dillard, OT Washington State

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

All I'm reading is that Dillard should have gone top 20. So how did he fall to us? Is this just other teams being dumb?

The heavy defensive line run at the start of the draft pushed everything else down. Plus throw in 3 QB's, 2 LB's and the Raiders taking Ferrell above the rest of the more highly rated DE's pushed Dillard down to us. 

Just now, Phire said:

All I'm reading is that Dillard should have gone top 20. So how did he fall to us? Is this just other teams being dumb?

the QBs going, every team trying to grab a DL as they were flying off. all that helped. He probably should've been top 15, most drafts he'd go top 12

I think anyone that discounted him because of the Leach offense is dumb.

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

I also think part of it was some teams went for day 1 starters on the interior over the kid that might need a year to be the best LT in the class.

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I also think part of it was some teams went for day 1 starters on the interior over the kid that might need a year to be the best LT in the class.

We really were his perfect fit, would've been thrown in right away most other places. Probably would've been fine.

But sitting a year and getting some spot starts and series hopefully makes him a much more complete player by the time we need him full time.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

We really were his perfect fit, would've been thrown in right away most other places. Probably would've been fine.

But sitting a year and getting some spot starts and series hopefully makes him a much more complete player by the time we need him full time.

going from tra thomas to jason peters to dillard is gonna be unfair.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

going from tra thomas to jason peters to dillard is gonna be unfair.

Pretty crazy lineage.

I wonder what every teams thing like that is. 

Like Colts and Packers I think of Qbs.. Favre/Rodgers, Manning/Luck

Ravens LBs i guess

I'm just glad we've been in the spot to get them despite being good for the last two.
Like it's really not that easy to get stud athletic tackles, but we sure make it look like it is

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like Dunlap was at LT for at least a year. I might be wrong though. I still have nightmares of the Giants games where McNabb was sacked like 12 times

I think there were some times when Peters was hurt that that happened yeah

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Pretty crazy lineage.

I wonder what every teams thing like that is. 

Like Colts and Packers I think of Qbs.. Favre/Rodgers, Manning/Luck

Ravens LBs i guess

I'm just glad we've been in the spot to get them despite being good for the last two.
Like it's really not that easy to get stud athletic tackles, but we sure make it look like it is

Our RT spot from Runya to Johnson is pretty good as well (although we had a few years in the middle i think)