Round 1 Pick 23: OT Tytus Howard

Texansfan713

Image result for tytus howard alabama state

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tytus-howard?id=3219484f-5743-2152-432d-da3c484cb3f8

Overview

Ascending tackle prospect who will require additional work with technique and in the weight room to fully realize his potential. Howard is a gifted athlete with rare quickness and fluidity as both a run and pass blocker and his play issues are correctable with more work. While he will be dinged for level of competition, his upside was on full display with his play against Auburn. He needs development, but he's much more than a developmental prospect and could find a starter's spot within his first two years.

Dont even feel like writing about the pick. Beyond frustrated right now.  

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

he would have been there with one of his 2nd rounders.  Thats why Im pissed.  He screams Davenport to me. 2 years away from being 2 years away. 

Very fair points. I think the team fell asleep at the wheel with Dillard, and went with the next guy up.

Not the best strategy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Very fair points. I think the team fell asleep at the wheel with Dillard, and went with the next guy up.

Not the best strategy.

yeah they should have traded up and got dillard.  another reason i hate the pick is we need him to contribute early and he isnt even ready, plus we have one of the worst ol coach in the league.  uggg im so pissed right now.

talking to someone on reddit who thinks this would have been a top 10 pick if he went to a major school. Pat likes it too. I think I would have liked Greedy personally but if he can play he can play, so we'll find out what kind of player he is soon enough.

You guys just don't understand the genius of Bill O'Brien.  Can you imagine the short yardage opportunities for our new 325 lb 4th string QB?  Let's see Sean McVay draw up a fumblerooskie pass double pass from our LT/TE/QB to our other QB/WR/Gunner then down field to Nuk or Fuller.  Suck it Nashville - seeing all the replays of Wycheck throwing the Music City Miracle this week, we cultivated our next level roided up QB/TE plan. Heck, never forget the Houston Oilers drafted the Titans best player from fellow SWAC School Alcorn State (Steve McNair RIP). 

We were going to draft Jamaar Taylor, but seeing Taylor Swift shamelessly hocking her latest Big Machine concoction that hides her voice and her belly button, we choose to pass on a guy who could fit Taylors head in his belly button, but wouldn't be able to carry her two feet with his bad knees and back.