2019 First Round Pick (#25) - Marquise "Hollywood" Brown - WR - Oklahoma

drd23

I mean, both LJ8 and Hollywood are my guys, the singular prospects I wanted in each of the last two drafts. BUT, even in the non-zero chance that Lamar fails as a long-term starter, that doesn't mean that Hollywood can't/won't be a great WR. I don't really grasp the idea that we shouldn't have taken a really good WR because we are not sure yet if our QB can get him the ball.

Either Lamar can/will be the guy that can, or he won't be the QB. If Lamar flops as badly as some fans want to think he will, maybe we're picking Trevor Lawrence or another top QB in 2021. If this offense doesn't work, we'll switch to a different offense well before Hollywood's 5th year option is up. He's certainly not limited to any offense and his career will not be tied to this offense if it doesn't work. Keep in mind that up to this point the Ravens have more (draft) capital invested into Brown than Lamar. If Hollywood himself is a great receiver then he'll get a chance to show it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

BUT, even in the non-zero chance that Lamar fails as a long-term starter, that doesn't mean that Hollywood can't/won't be a great WR. I don't really grasp the idea that we shouldn't have taken a really good WR because we are not sure yet if our QB can get him the ball.

Yea I'm not understanding that logic either. 

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Keep in mind that up to this point the Ravens have more (draft) capital invested into Brown than Lamar.

Even if Lamar doesn't work out, or ascend to the level we hope- the drafting of him was still a stellar move. For a 2nd Round pick, we secured injury insurance for Flacco(Who ended up getting injured). We get a cheap shot at a QBOTF. And most importantly, we get to remain a contender throughout his development. 

Lamar's floor is so much higher than other QB prospects because of his elite traits and the offensive benefits he can facilitate. The Ravens are an organization that clearly believes in trying to contend ever year, and Lamar fits that desire perfectly.

Jackson is either our QBOTF, or a unique a bridge QB that helps keep a top level defense in contention. 

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yea I'm not understanding that logic either. 

Even if Lamar doesn't work out, or ascend to the level we hope- the drafting of him was still a stellar move. For a 2nd Round pick, we secured injury insurance for Flacco(Who ended up getting injured). We get a cheap shot at a QBOTF. And most importantly, we get to remain a contender throughout his development. 

Lamar's floor is so much higher than other QB prospects because of his elite traits and the offensive benefits he can facilitate. The Ravens are an organization that clearly believes in trying to contend ever year, and Lamar fits that desire perfectly.

Jackson is either our QBOTF, or a unique a bridge QB that helps keep a top level defense in contention. 

Also, taking him at pick 32 was very savvy due to the 5th round option (if he does work out).