2019 First Round Pick (#25) - Marquise "Hollywood" Brown - WR - Oklahoma

drd23

I love the pick at face value but I mean there's two glaring things here:

1) We drafted a skinny AF WR to block in this offense. Yikes.

2) We drafted a WR nicknamed "Hollywood" in a primarily run-first offense WHO CAN'T BLOCK. Double yikes.

But I like the pick as a WR and hopefully we utilize him to his talents and hey, maybe Bobby Engram will finally develop a WR!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Now we have elite speed at WR and QB. And it is great that Marquise Brown is a skilled route runner. 

Do we follow that up with getting a quick RB too? Really threaten the defense with speed.

I think there's a good chance we take Justice Hill or Darrell Henderson.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see De'Lance Turner play a much bigger role in the offense this year.

This comes down to what he can do when Lamar is outside the pocket.

1. It’s going to be difficult guarding him on crossing patterns or anything underneath because they will all be worries on the deep ball

2. It’s likely he won’t see top lockdown defenders in the slot

3. We don’t need him blocking. I see Moore and Snead out there on run plays or double TE sets. 

4. Quick screens has never been our offense, but I believe Roman is licking his lips already

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I love the pick at face value but I mean there's two glaring things here:

1) We drafted a skinny AF WR to block in this offense. Yikes.

2) We drafted a WR nicknamed "Hollywood" in a primarily run-first offense WHO CAN'T BLOCK. Double yikes.

But I like the pick as a WR and hopefully we utilize him to his talents and hey, maybe Bobby Engram will finally develop a WR!

I think Brown being a deep threat means his blocking is less important. If the safety has to play deep to account for his speed, that's one less defender in the box that needs to be blocked. 

3 hours ago, alfalcone said:

I think there's a good chance we take Justice Hill or Darrell Henderson.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see De'Lance Turner play a much bigger role in the offense this year.

Those two would be awesome. I like how Henderson is a 1-cut guy similar to Gus Edwards, but he has the speed to turn a 10 yard gain into a 40 yard gain.