Pick is in, #24 Josh Jacobs RB Alabama

true2form

23 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hard to rank running backs due to all their varying skillsets but I'd put Jacobs at 7th right now... but he has the exact style I love, vision and physicality. Him and Chubb are my two favorite backs in the league bar none.

1) Barkley

2) McCaffery

3) Elliott

4) Kamara

5) Chubb

6) Cook

7) Jacobs

Amazing season by Cook. I always liked him and glad he turned it around. CMC getting too much respect when Cook isn't. Their seasons are not far off. Cook is an absolute stud so far.

I think Jacobs is better than Bell and Johnson and I'm a big fan of both of those guys. Bell looks like he has lost a step speed wise, and I think Jacobs has better vision than Bell which is Bells main strength. Personally I think it's 1a) Elliott and 1b) Jacobs in terms of ball carrier vision. I'd put Bell at 3rd but a distant 3rd.

As for David Johnson. great running back. But Jacobs, while not as great as Johnson in the passing game, is definitely a much better pure runner than Johnson.

Not going to argue much but CMC is on a whole different level from everyone else this year.  He has outperformed everyone with very little weapons around him.  If you stop him you stop the team and Ds still can not stop him.  He has more TDs then the QBs and has more all purpose yards than Allen has passed for.  Statistically he has better numbers then everyone else and has played 1 game less then everyone except Barkley but his per game averages are well past Barkley.  In fact CMC has more rushing yards per game than Barkley has all purpose yards per game.  There is a reason why he is #1 or #2 in the MVP conversation.

1) McCaffery

2) Everyone else

• Like 1

When comparing RB's I also like to factor their off-field and personalities. Jacobs beats Elliot for me there. Barkley is the only player I'd trade Jacobs for when factoring in contracts and how soon they'll need to be paid. Jacobs has little wear and tear from college, and his backstory is always going to have you rooting for him. I felt 24 was early but I WAS WRONG!!! So happy Philly wasn't jumping us for him. We could have gotten a quality RB later but Jacobs is a perfect fit for us and where we are going.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

After today's game, Jacobs is 77 yards away from 1,000 yards. 4th in the NFL in rushing. Tied for 6th in rushing TD's with 7. 5th in runs for first down with 44. 

Been simply amazing

On pace for ~305 carries. That isn't the worst, but if we make the playoffs that adds some. Need a decent RB2 to keep him fresh and also not be bad at running.

9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

On pace for ~305 carries. That isn't the worst, but if we make the playoffs that adds some. Need a decent RB2 to keep him fresh and also not be bad at running.

If yesterdays game showed me anything, it's just how bad the back RBs are. When they try to spell Jacobs it almost always ends in a 3 and out. Did they even finish with positive yards running between Richard/Washington?

• Like 2