7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

at what point do you beg Marshawn Lynch to come back

• last season in Oakland
  • Jacobs hold out, Crowell out for the season
  • Knows the system
  • Great character for Hard Knocks
  • Ran hard and looked explosive before his injury
  • Cap Space

Yeh.....................I don't think that's going to happen :)

It's a shame really as Marshawn did still look pretty good in 2017 and still had some juice left last year, maybe not for the long runs but he was definitely breaking tackles. I'm disappointed we couldn't get a really, really good Beastmode in a version of our offence close to that 2016 one, that would have been great to see in 2017 and last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

That’s a relief! I wonder who caved.

His contract is fully guaranteed so i would say the Raiders. Makes sense that’s what he’d want considering the fact that RBs don’t have as long of a shelf life as other positions. He might get one more big contract but it’ll be difficult to get 2. 

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh.....................I don't think that's going to happen :)

It's a shame really as Marshawn did still look pretty good in 2017 and still had some juice left last year, maybe not for the long runs but he was definitely breaking tackles. I'm disappointed we couldn't get a really, really good Beastmode in a version of our offence close to that 2016 one, that would have been great to see in 2017 and last year.

It still could happen.  Lynch would not want to be on Hard Knocks.  He hates doing interviews so I think a camera following him around all camp is not something he would like.  He is an older player and probably does not want to be in camp.  He can save his body some punishment if he is staying in shape.  He is the type of player we would sign after camp and I think it will happen if the coaches are not impressed with the RB group or there are some injuries.

53 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It still could happen.  Lynch would not want to be on Hard Knocks.  He hates doing interviews so I think a camera following him around all camp is not something he would like.  He is an older player and probably does not want to be in camp.  He can save his body some punishment if he is staying in shape.  He is the type of player we would sign after camp and I think it will happen if the coaches are not impressed with the RB group or there are some injuries.

Yeah, I don't think he's coming back, but if he did it would be after camp like you said.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:03 AM, drfrey13 said:

Late season signing on our way to the SB would be best.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait to see how Jacobs is utilized this year. I said when he came out that he reminded me a lot of Kamara and from his and Jon's comments, it sounds like he will be used similarly as well. He was involved in wild cat, split out wide, and of course out of the backfield. I know Richard was our primary receiving back last year but I expect Jacobs to completely take over that role sooner rather than later. He's a true 3 down RB that doesn't have to be taken off the field in any circumstance other than to give a breather.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I can't wait to see how Jacobs is utilized this year. I said when he came out that he reminded me a lot of Kamara and from his and Jon's comments, it sounds like he will be used similarly as well. He was involved in wild cat, split out wide, and of course out of the backfield. I know Richard was our primary receiving back last year but I expect Jacobs to completely take over that role sooner rather than later. He's a true 3 down RB that doesn't have to be taken off the field in any circumstance other than to give a breather.

I haven't seen too many comments about his performance in camp, has he looked good?

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's shown some good hands but really I haven't seen anything much about any of the RB's really. I think the new WR's are stealing the spotlight tbh.

It's also kind of difficult to gauge a RB unless it's 11 on 11, full contact.