2019 1.26 (26) Washington Redskins select EDGE Montez Sweat, Mississippi State

Woz

The players on our team seem very excited to see what this guy has!!! Idk about him being gay that could have been his brother or a teammate of his he’s been cool with who knows it’s none of my business what he does in his personal life!! But you watch him on the field he jumps off the screen as the best player on the field!! Even when Simmons was healthy Sweat just jumps off the screen. I love the player have been on him for a while just never actually believed we even had a shot at him at 15 much less we trade back in that was a huge move!! I said all offseason of some high talent falls in the first jump back in and get him I never in a million years thought this was the talent that fell!!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just a hunch - I think he has a higher than normal BUST rate. Sure hope I'm totally wrong .

Any player can!!! I think he came to a defense that should help him not!!! We have a really big strong fast DL and if Foster can thrive next to whoever Sweat could feast!!! Allen Payne and Kerrigan is a tough one with the Greek in there!!!

• Like 1

This defense has the makings of a top 5 Defense, imo.

With Allen, Payne & the Greek along the lines & Kerrigan, R. Carter & Sweat @LBer.

Plus Norman, DRC & Landon Collins in the backfield?

If DRC can move to FS, we could potentially have a new FS, new SS, new ROLB & new RILB on Defense. That's 4 new starters on Defense that can potentially play at a high level. 

I'm as excited about this defense as I've been in a very long time.

If we can put on the field, what looks like on paper? No doubt, this team is gonna do some damage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I had heard it was a family member as well. 

Could be, I have no clue. I just looked at the comment section as was like huh? All I can say is that dude with the blue hat and gold teeth kept hugging and staring in the camera looking like he wanted to be seen. It just came off on the creepy side to me. Doesn't matter if he's gay or not, I was just saying if it would be true it probably would make him slide some. I know that's not a politically correct statement for me to make but it would more than likely be the truth.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Folks, props for handling the discussion with tact, but that video and the subsequent discussion are not really relevant to the forum (and collide with the rules).

My bad Woz. Didn't intend for it to be a negative, I didn't know about the rules. Wasn't trying to bash, just speculation on my part 

42 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

My bad Woz. Didn't intend for it to be a negative, I didn't know about the rules. Wasn't trying to bash, just speculation on my part 

It's okay. Just might want to review the guidelines

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

• You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 

I’m excited for the kid to start, but I also wouldn’t just assume he’s going to take Anderson’s spot without a fight (or consider moving Anderson to ILB, as Saban once recommended)...  

EDGE RYAN ANDERSONWASHINGTON REDSKINS

The former Alabama edge defender had a lackluster rookie campaign in 2017, recording 58.9 overall grade across his 194 snaps with Washington. However, with a year under his belt, Anderson very quietly enjoyed a promising season in 2018, recording both a coverage grade (88.8) and a run-defense grade (83.8) north of 80.0. If he can continue to develop his skill as a pass rusher (he tallied 11 quarterback pressures on 95 pass-rushing snaps), Anderson could be primed for a big year three in the Nation’s capital.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 1:31 AM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I’m excited for the kid to start, but I also wouldn’t just assume he’s going to take Anderson’s spot without a fight (or consider moving Anderson to ILB, as Saban once recommended)...  

EDGE RYAN ANDERSONWASHINGTON REDSKINS

The former Alabama edge defender had a lackluster rookie campaign in 2017, recording 58.9 overall grade across his 194 snaps with Washington. However, with a year under his belt, Anderson very quietly enjoyed a promising season in 2018, recording both a coverage grade (88.8) and a run-defense grade (83.8) north of 80.0. If he can continue to develop his skill as a pass rusher (he tallied 11 quarterback pressures on 95 pass-rushing snaps), Anderson could be primed for a big year three in the Nation’s capital.

Shush... you’re not allowed to any anything positive about a Redskins player who isn’t a gold or great starter yet... haha 🤣