2019 1.26 (26) Washington Redskins select EDGE Montez Sweat, Mississippi State

Woz

On 5/5/2019 at 11:55 AM, aceinthehouse said:

This defense has the makings of a top 5 Defense, imo.

With Allen, Payne & the Greek along the lines & Kerrigan, R. Carter & Sweat @LBer.

Plus Norman, DRC & Landon Collins in the backfield?

If DRC can move to FS, we could potentially have a new FS, new SS, new ROLB & new RILB on Defense. That's 4 new starters on Defense that can potentially play at a high level. 

I'm as excited about this defense as I've been in a very long time.

If we can put on the field, what looks like on paper? No doubt, this team is gonna do some damage 

Top 5 is a bridge too far for me. Around top 10 seems more realistic.

4 of the front 7 are great and we have good depth behind those 4. Sweat & Anderson are still enigmas/have a lot to prove as so Ruben Foster, SDH and JHC.

Norman is solid, Dunny flashed some last year as a first year starter but he’s to prove he’s back, healthy and can be consistent after his nerve injury in his shin last year. Moreau and the other young corners have to take another step forward.

Collins is only an answer to one S position.  I don’t trust DRC to be anything special, I think he’s more Dashon Goldson type player than anything else, and we don’t know that Apke, Nicholson or Everrett could be the answer at the other safety positon either.

A lot of question marks remain on both sides of the ball. 

It’s early. Sweat was my hope and prediction at 15, but he’s still a risk. Let’s see if he wants to be great and maximizes his God given athletic talents. If he works as hard as say Kerrigan, he has a chance to be an all time great. He will be fun to watch and finally potentially gives our defense someone the opposing offense has to gameplay for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian23 said:

Josh Sweat plays for the Eagles...not the Redskins.

Montez lays out like....

HT 6'5"

WT 241lbs

Arms 35.75

40 4.41

10-Yard 1.5

Vert 36

Broad 10.4

SS 4.29

Oh lol I didn’t think that sounded right when I read it. Thanks 

I heard Galdi it someone talk about it on the radio the other day.

Edited by turtle28

On 5/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, turtle28 said:

Shush... you’re not allowed to any anything positive about a Redskins player who isn’t a gold or great starter yet... haha 🤣 

Yes, because Washington had so much faith in Anderson that the traded back up into the first round to take the guy who is going to take his starting spot.

Oh wait, Anderson was drafted in the second round to back up Kerrigan. My mistake.

A young Barkevious Mingo?!?!? The numbers compare favorably! We may have one on our hands.

Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad
6 ft 4 14 in
(1.94 m)
241 lb
(109 kg)
33 34 in
(0.86 m)
9 58 in
(0.24 m)
4.58 s 1.57 s 2.63 s 4.39 s 6.84 s 37 in
(0.94 m)
10 ft 8 in
(3.25 m)
All values from NFL Combine[7][8]

17 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

A young Barkevious Mingo?!?!? The numbers compare favorably! We may have one on our hands.

Ht Wt Arm length Hand size 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad
6 ft 4 14 in
(1.94 m)
241 lb
(109 kg)
33 34 in
(0.86 m)
9 58 in
(0.24 m)
4.58 s 1.57 s 2.63 s 4.39 s 6.84 s 37 in
(0.94 m)
10 ft 8 in
(3.25 m)
All values from NFL Combine[7][8]

Not sure how 6'6'', 260 running a 4.41 compares favorably to 6'4'', 241 running a 4.58, but I'm sure the joke hit with someone else.

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty
  • Like 1

What I like about Sweat is he went live. He did the senior bowl. He put his practice habits first hand for NFL coaches in a game. He didn’t pack it in for his bowl game. This guy had a heck of a year. He welcomed NFL coaching and critique at the senior bowl practice. Where being coached by a new coach there’s no agent interview training for that. I like Haskins was very happy with that selection along with every other selection. But Sweat with our DL could be the teams first household name since Sean Taylor. He has a elite skill set and I’m pumped he’s on this team

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, Woz said:

Yes, because Washington had so much faith in Anderson that the traded back up into the first round to take the guy who is going to take his starting spot.

Oh wait, Anderson was drafted in the second round to back up Kerrigan. My mistake.

Anderson was for his first few years. Remains to be seen what he’ll develop into. He may still start that’s tbd