2019 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Day 3 is always loaded with steals at WR. If there's one you like, fine. If not, no harm done. We've got maybe 2 more picks that have any kind of projectable future.

Also I feel like Clowney is a pretty damn good player to be labeling a disappointment. Gary has just as many questions about his notice that Clowney did and isn't as athletically gifted.

Clowney's disappointment is mostly his injuries. He had the hype and expectation of a number one. That's real hard to live up to.

Gary comes in with (too) low expectations. He'll be fine. The only question is whether he'll be very solid or great. He's not "lazy" imo and played a lot better than given credit. I tagged him as a late bloomer. Everything that I read and hear tells me he's getting dogged unjustly.

Pettine absolutely loves him, so I think we found his fit (which was the big question on him).

Perfectly fine with how Day 1 went. Wanted a front 7 defensive player if we kept the 12th pick and it probably came down to Gary v. Burns. Anyone who knows Pettine knows Gary is the body-type he prefers so I can see the love there. 

Savage has been a target of mine for a long time. Obviously, would have preferred getting him at 30 without sacrificing the 4th rounders, but probably a decent chance he would not have made it. I can live with giving up Day 3 picks to move up in the 1st round any day. Packers get their safety to pair with Amos.

Day 2 is all about offense for me. Several impact WRs on the board which plays perfectly for us at 44. Give me one of Metcalf, Brown, Butler, Samuel or even a gadget guy like Campbell. I'd focus on the offense again the 3rd, either OL or TE. Would give us a good 4-player haul before we get to the back end of the draft on Saturday. 

• Like 2

I don't get the same warm feelings as everyone else in this thread. With the 4th round picks gone, I think we've pigeon holed ourselves into drafting for needs the next two picks.

You almost have to draft the replacements for Bulaga and Graham, no? I guess if you feel comfortable rolling with Spriggs, or you can resign Bulaga, at RT. I don't really know, but the situation doesn't feel great to me.

Not much for me besides Campbell but there's better value day three. Don't sleep on J'Mon Moore -- he's a Harry/Brown slot guy. We'll find really good value later.

Anthony Nelson, a surprise pick? I can see all defense on day two esp if we move down to recoup some 4th round picks where the value on offense is. The value is still on D imo. Value is offense in rounds 4-5 and it seems Madison showing up just took OL way down on priorities. Gute seemed to be salivating over the defense in this draft at the presser. It's just what the draft is offering.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Day 3 is always loaded with steals at WR. If there's one you like, fine. If not, no harm done. We've got maybe 2 more picks that have any kind of projectable future.

Also I feel like Clowney is a pretty damn good player to be labeling a disappointment. Gary has just as many questions about his notice that Clowney did and isn't as athletically gifted.

Gary is more athletically gifted than Clowney arguably. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I don't get the same warm feelings as everyone else in this thread. With the 4th round picks gone, I think we've pigeon holed ourselves into drafting for needs the next two picks.

You almost have to draft the replacements for Bulaga and Graham, no? I guess if you feel comfortable rolling with Spriggs, or you can resign Bulaga, at RT. I don't really know, but the situation doesn't feel great to me.

What stops us from drafting Bulaga or Grahams replacements in the 2020 draft?

9 hours ago, persiandud said:

give me one of DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler at 44 and i'm very happy 

I’m down with the guys you mentioned, not sure all make it to 44. In the mold of our current guys though wouldn’t you say? I get they may have better talent but I believe the brass want to see their investment grow. Would anyone be opposed to Mercole Hardman at 44?

Might be a tad early so maybe we trade back 15 spots and pickup a replacement 4th. Feel he is Cobb but better athletically, blazing speed, best returner in the draft this year and is lethal in the open field. Something we need from our slot if you ask me, also has the RB skills needed to run the hybrid plays our new offense will call for. Just seems to logical a fit though so my guess is i’m wrong.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

What stops us from drafting Bulaga or Grahams replacements in the 2020 draft?

I don't really think we should be relying on a rookie to start at RT if we don't resign Bulaga. I also think TEs take a while to develop, so I don't want to depend on them their rookie year. Just my opinion though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Spriggs will fit better in this scheme as it calls for better athleticism which he will bring, doesn’t mean he’s great or out of the woods by any means just feel he didn’t fit what Mac was doing. New staff, new belief in him will yield new good results.

• Like 1

Just now, pgwingman said:

I don't really think we should be relying on a rookie to start at RT if we don't resign Bulaga. I also think TEs take a while to develop, so I don't want to depend on them their rookie year. Just my opinion though. 

I can agree with your statement at TE but for RT I don't see anything wrong with drafting a plug and play RT in there next year. I think right now you look at the OL and the depth is fine. It's something I can live with for right now. However, I would like to see the Packers get a WR / ILB / TE / CB somewhere in this draft as well.