Day 2/3

Humble_Beast

saw mayock on NFLN after the draft. It sounds like they have someone specific in mind up next. He said 'we have a very strong feeling that one or two guys that we love will be there at 35' I put or two in italics because he sort of caught himself and added that part. He said he received two offers to trade back but that he wants to make the pick at #35. 

The player that everyone in the niners forum wants is AJ Brown. Hopefully you guys take a corner lol 

My Rankings:

Top 10 Players for our 2nd Round Draft Choice: 

1. Trade down to 45-55 and get a 3rd. 1000%. 

- Sooo much talent in the third this year. I really want TE Warring. 

If not possible here is my board for 35. 

2. EDGE Zach Allen

I still don’t feel very comfortable with Mauro/Key Run/Pass down rotation. Zach Allen is very underrated and I think he’ll be one of the best players of this draft. Great run defender and power rusher. Another big DE for PGs scheme. 

3. CB Julian Love

My favorite corner of the draft. Sticks to you like glue. The 3 quarters he was in, Trevor Lawrence didn’t complete a pass on him and went 12-21. The quarter he was injured, Clemson scored 20 of their 30 points. 

4. CB Rock Ya Sin

Physical nasty corner with solid man coverage and press coverage skills. 

5. G/T Dalton Risner

Pro Bowl Caliber Guard, Above Average RT

6. WR A.J. Brown

Get the most polished WR in the entire draft. 

7. EDGE Chase Winovich

Hard to project Winovich at the next level but I really like him. Tons of heart. 

8. CB Greedy Williams

I was getting carried away with Greedy falling but I’ve always had him ranked behind Ya Sin, Love, and Baker. 

9. CB Byron Murphy

Murphy is a good coverage corner but not highly physical and mostly a zone corner.

10. WR Parris Campbell

I’m not the highest on Parris Campbell by any means but he has a huge ceiling, and being taught by AB? I’d be on board. 

11. TE Kahale Warring

One of my favorite TEs in the draft. I like him a lot more than Irv Smith. Wouldn’t take him at 35 but if we trade down to 45 or later, I would definitely consider him. 

Edited by BayRaider

H

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

9. CB Byron Murphy

Murphy is a good coverage corner but not highly physical and mostly a zone corner.

In what world is Murphy not physical? he’s one of the best against the run in this class.  He’ll come up and pop a ball carrier unlike Greedy.  

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I'm giddy at the thought of AJ Brown at 35.  

Carr

Jacobs

Brown

Williams

Brown

I mean... Yeesh.  Just put it up Derek.  

We need another edge rusher or something on defense.  There's a lot of options here at 35.  Trade back should also be considered.  Just don't hit is with something stupid. 

I really want Greedy at 35. If you would have told me that we could come out of the top 35 picks with the best corner, the best RB, a top 2 safety, and a top 5 edge rusher from this draft we all would have been happy. Maybe not the players most of us wanted at specific spots, but thats still a hell of a haul in the first two rounds, and all of those guys would be safe, ready to contribute right now today..

6 hours ago, N4L said:

saw mayock on NFLN after the draft. It sounds like they have someone specific in mind up next. He said 'we have a very strong feeling that one or two guys that we love will be there at 35' I put or two in italics because he sort of caught himself and added that part. He said he received two offers to trade back but that he wants to make the pick at #35. 

The player that everyone in the niners forum wants is AJ Brown. Hopefully you guys take a corner lol 

Interesting, thanks for the info! I'm so curious who it is because we need more picks and you just know Myock is itching to submit more cards haha.

Wonder if Gruden will be able to help himself with DK at 35. Wouldn’t be my favorite pick but I would get excited for it. Would have to have Tyrell play a lot of slot WR. Upside is crazy but the bust rate is extremely high if you don’t use him correctly early on. 

This one is really tough. There are a good few players I expected would be gone - Greedy, AJ, Murphy, Ford, Eisner. To stand pat and come away with one of these guys would be awesome. But not having that 3rd.......And getting the 3rd in a trade may take us out of range for some of the top players. Might be too big a risk and if yesterday is anything to go by, Mayock may indeed just keep 35 and make the pick.