Day 2/3

Humble_Beast

Dalton Risner fits the character requirements, team captain for three years, and the 2 defensive players 2 offensive players. Starts at guard and is RT insurance if Kolton Miller's knee is shotty and I think he could play center if Hudson had an injury.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Dalton Risner fits the character requirements, team captain for three years, and the 2 defensive players 2 offensive players. Starts at guard and is RT insurance if Kolton Miller's knee is shotty and I think he could play center if Hudson had an injury.

Good point, if it’s another character guy it’s gotta be Dalton.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

We always say it’s easy to move down but often times I don’t think that’s the case. I guess we’ll find out but we’re not the only ones that think good players will be available from 35-70 and it’s smart to get more picks in that range. All 31 other teams think that too. 

Teams also traditionally move up top of the 2nd round because they thought were 1st round picks fall or to get a guy they really like they think wont make it.

8 hours ago, NickButera said:

I really wanted Sweat at 24/27. I hope we take another pass rusher, but would like greedy.

But my official guess:I can see them taking Cody Ford or Smith Jr and then try to get Polite later somehow.

Side note, I love jaylen Ferguson. Not sure where he goes.

I'd like to trade down grab a 3rd get Ferguson and then Lonnie Johnson in the 3rd

8 hours ago, NickButera said:

I really wanted Sweat at 24/27. I hope we take another pass rusher, but would like greedy.

But my official guess:I can see them taking Cody Ford or Smith Jr and then try to get Polite later somehow.

Side note, I love jaylen Ferguson. Not sure where he goes.

I'd like to trade down grab a 3rd get Ferguson and then Lonnie Johnson in the 3rd

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not too familiar with him but I hear his weakness is pass-pro? There was the report about us looking for a starting G this draft and without a 3rd, I bet we address it now. Maybe Ford? Risner? Or nab a DB in Murphy or Ya-Sin? Do we solidify our weapons and go Smith Jr at TE?

So many great options.

Would be an issue at OT but I would assume he would play OG where they can cover up that weakness. 

• Like 1

Any way to turn 35 + 106 + 140 (trade options including future picks and players) into Dalton Risner, RG (reserve RT/C) Kansas State  + Joejuan Williams, CB Vanderbilt + Kahale Warring, TE San Diego State?

I'd like to do 35, stay put and just take Risner. Then 106+Karl Joseph and maybe a future (would have been nice here for a below value trade down before the Ferrell pick) mid to move up for Joejuan Williams, and Warring I think we might be able to stay put at 140.

Edited by Trojan

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I personally would not go with a guard until later Goode was solid and then you can bring in tons of free agents post draft.

I agree with you but I won't complain if we get Risner. I liked Goode and thought he did great for us considering he was a street FA. Competition would be nice, but a 2nd rounder is typically more of a plug and play at that position.

Edit:

Didnt see @BayRaider's post. A 4th round OG would be perfect imo. Could see us slide a bit down and add an extra pick in the 2nd to move around a bit later