Deadpulse

With the 32nd Pick of the NFL Draft the NE Patriots select...

Posted (edited)

Many so call 1st rd players fell in the 2nd round. I hope that pushes some of the quality players to the Pats . Greg Little OL at 56 and TE Knox at 64. Ok I'm tired read you tomorrow boys.

Edited by m haynes

Heard a comp; Older Dez Bryant.

Strong (very), alpha-type, tested very well, contested catcher, boxes people out - BUT doesn't get the separation you'd expect

Won't get excited about K'Neal until he undoes the damage Aaron Dobson inflicted on me. 

Yeah separation is not that great but if there is someone that can get him open its Tom. Josh is also no slouch and to be honest I am more concerned about him learning the playbook. At this point the guy is a shoe-in starter with what we already have.

I really like the pick. 

Josh will put him in positions where he can utilise YAC, and won't have to get that much separation. Tom will love the back-shoulder fade. He blocks like a [sun] devil. 

We are becoming a punishing offense, with our powerful run game, 21/22 personnel and now we may be transitioning to big receivers too. 

Yep, like it. 

2nd round - I'll guess a DB and then a trade or DL.

I believe Harry is a stud special teamer as well. Returned punts for ASU.

41 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I really like the pick. 

Josh will put him in positions where he can utilise YAC, and won't have to get that much separation. Tom will love the back-shoulder fade. He blocks like a [sun] devil. 

We are becoming a punishing offense, with our powerful run game, 21/22 personnel and now we may be transitioning to big receivers too. 

Yep, like it. 

2nd round - I'll guess a DB and then a trade or DL.

I wonder if we would package one of our 3rd rounders with 56 or 64 to move up in the top 40-45. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, SBLIII said:

I wonder if we would package one of our 3rd rounders with 56 or 64 to move up in the top 40-45. 

I like it

for who?

Edited by Hunter2_1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Heard a comp; Older Dez Bryant.

Strong (very), alpha-type, tested very well, contested catcher, boxes people out - BUT doesn't get the separation you'd expect

That’s probably not a bad comparison. Young Dez had a similar 40 (4.52 vs 4.53), but was more explosive  (1.52 10 ya split vs Harry’s 1.62; 11’1” broad vs Harry’s 10’2”)

Edited by nextsuperstar1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I like it

for who?

Risner/Greedy/Little

Edited by SBLIII

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Risner/Greedy/Little

I like where your going however I would drop Greedy and replace him with Joejuan Williams DB Vanderbilt.  Greedy soft on the run. Don't see him fitting BB profile. I'm also not impressed with his game.

Edited by m haynes

13 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I like where your going however I would drop Greedy and replace him with Joejuan Williams DB Vanderbilt.  Greedy soft on the run. Don't see him fitting BB profile. I'm also not impressed with his game.

I would have no problem with JJ Williams. He can matchup well with TEs as well.

Kinda bummed about Isabella going just 2 picks before us. Friggin Dolphins... and the pick they traded to Arizona is for Rosen... sorry Rosen, I hope success finds you, but not with the Dolphins.

Posted (edited)

Damien Harris seems like good value where he was drafted. He was ahead of  Jacobs (taken in round one) on the depth chart during their time together at Alabama. Over the last three years Harris received 431 carries, Jacobs 251. 

Edited by nextsuperstar1