Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
incognito_man

1st Round - 16 Booms/16 Busts

Recommended Posts

Are you guys putting Ferrell as a bust because he won’t live up to Top 5 Pick Status? Cause he’s certainly not gonna be a bad player. Highest floor of the entire class outside of QW (Bosa, injuries). 

Basically gonna be the next Brandon Graham. Elite Run Defender, 8 sacks a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Are you guys putting Ferrell as a bust because he won’t live up to Top 5 Pick Status?

I'm defining "bust" by "will not receive 5th year option or an extension in lieu of the 5th year option." For Ferrell, being a top 10 pick at a very expensive position it makes it real tough to pick up that option unless he is absolutely fantastic.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If Gary flat out busts, I'll leave this forum. 

EDIT - And no, I'm not part of those "Packers fans will be in here defending Gary after ignoring him all process" or whatever bull**** you folks are spewing now.

The dude is an ELITE athlete. His size fits Pettine's EDGE game to a T. He's going to make an impact and his ability to set the edge cleanly will make him serviceable. So, regardless of what you "I read thus I regurgitate" folks believe, he'll manage to be worthy of the pick. 

Carry on.

Edited by beekay414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Are you guys putting Ferrell as a bust because he won’t live up to Top 5 Pick Status? Cause he’s certainly not gonna be a bad player. Highest floor of the entire class outside of QW (Bosa, injuries). 

Basically gonna be the next Brandon Graham. Elite Run Defender, 8 sacks a year. 

Not saying they are the same but the narrative was the same of Solomon Thomas but while the run defender stuff was true the 8 sacks wasn’t 

i like Ferrell better but sometimes those “safe” run defenders don’t get the sacks/pressures you want to be worth a Top-5 pick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not saying they are the same but the narrative was the same of Solomon Thomas but while the run defender stuff was true the 8 sacks wasn’t 

i like Ferrell better but sometimes those “safe” run defenders don’t get the sacks/pressures you want to be worth a Top-5 pick 

Ferrell is already a polished pass rusher with three pass rush moves. I don't really see the Solomon comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 3:41 AM, incognito_man said:

yes i know. every year there's this thread. except this year apparently nobody wants to...including me

What he is saying is, but does not know how to articulate is that you need to make this game user friendly.
Enable it to be cut and pasted.
Nobody wants to type everything all over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1    boom
2    bust
3     boom
4    bust
5    boom
6    bust
7    boom
8    bust
9    boom
10    boom
11    bust
12    bust
13    boom
14    boom
15    boom
16    bust
17    boom
18    boom
19    boom
20    bust
21    boom
22    boom
23    bust
24    bust
25    boom
26    bust
27    bust
28    bust
29    bust
30    bust
31    bust
32    boom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Are you guys putting Ferrell as a bust because he won’t live up to Top 5 Pick Status? Cause he’s certainly not gonna be a bad player. Highest floor of the entire class outside of QW (Bosa, injuries). 

Basically gonna be the next Brandon Graham. Elite Run Defender, 8 sacks a year. 

Yeah this is an important point. How are we defining bust?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The really odd thing about Howard to the Texans is that he was a right tackle in college.

I get that it was because his QB was left-handed, but he still has to switch positions while he is a very raw rookie.

They needed help now and they got crushed by Philly jumping them.

They probably could have traded back to 28-35 and still got him and picked up more draft capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If Gary flat out busts, I'll leave this forum. 

EDIT - And no, I'm not part of those "Packers fans will be in here defending Gary after ignoring him all process" or whatever bull**** you folks are spewing now.

The dude is an ELITE athlete. His size fits Pettine's EDGE game to a T. He's going to make an impact and his ability to set the edge cleanly will make him serviceable. So, regardless of what you "I read thus I regurgitate" folks believe, he'll manage to be worthy of the pick. 

Carry on.

He cold be the next Mike Mamula ... except Mike Mamula had 27 sacks in his last 2 years at BC while Gary had 9 at Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary is going to be contentious even if he hits, since they are likely to use him like Houston uses Clowney- move him all over, to confuse blocking schemes and set the table for complementary rushers.  If you watch Houston, Clowney doing that is super useful but nonetheless if all you scout is the box score, he's not managed double digit sacks yet.

But there are a lot of ways to succeed at your job on defense that don't show up in the box score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If Gary flat out busts, I'll leave this forum. 

EDIT - And no, I'm not part of those "Packers fans will be in here defending Gary after ignoring him all process" or whatever bull**** you folks are spewing now.

The dude is an ELITE athlete. His size fits Pettine's EDGE game to a T. He's going to make an impact and his ability to set the edge cleanly will make him serviceable. So, regardless of what you "I read thus I regurgitate" folks believe, he'll manage to be worthy of the pick. 

Carry on.

I don't love that apparently you guys are going to make him an OLB in that scheme? That's the exact opposite of what my projection for his best fit was. I thought he was going to be a guy that ended up as an SDE or 3 tech to get the most productivity from after bulking up a little bit. I'll be really, really interested in seeing if that works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't love that apparently you guys are going to make him an OLB in that scheme?

I am pretty sure they're going to line him up primarily at 9, 7, 6, 5, and 3 techniques and also some snaps at ILB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I am pretty sure they're going to line him up primarily at 9, 7, 6, 5, and 3 techniques and also some snaps at ILB.

That seems like such a huge range given the physical stature differences required in some of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That seems like such a huge range given the physical stature differences required in some of them. 

It's less important that he be able to excel at any of them and more important that he can do okay at all of them, since moving him around pre-snap is going to force blocking schemes to adjust on the fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×