1st Round - 16 Booms/16 Busts

incognito_man

The most likely busts in my mind are Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Marquise Brown, Rashan Gary, Brian Burns, Tytus Howard, and Jerry Tillery.  I wouldn't call very many first round players absolute busts, because that usually has a pretty extreme connotation, and short of projects and injuries, very few players will be full on busts.  QBs are the exception to that rule though.  Brown and Gary have injury issues already, while Burns is too small for my taste, Tillery I just don't like, and Howard was a huge reach.

As for players I don't think live up to their draft status, I think some really likely ones are Deandre Baker, Clelin Ferrell, Devin Bush, Dexter Lawrence, Darnell Savage, Josh Jacobs, Kaleb McGary, and LJ Collier.  None of those are particularly bad players, just thought they were taken much too high.

Chris Lindstrom was overdrafted, but he'll be a quality starting guard IMO.

As for booms, I'd say Andre Dillard, Montez Sweat, and Jeffery Simmons are good candidates.  Later picks, great players, could be big steals.  Most of the top end picks will be very good, but hard to call a top 5 guy who becomes a great player a boom.  Josh Allen and TJ Hockenson I think will be good, but may not live up to expectations.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

The most likely busts in my mind are Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Marquise Brown, Rashan Gary, Brian Burns, Tytus Howard, and Jerry Tillery.  I wouldn't call very many first round players absolute busts, because that usually has a pretty extreme connotation, and short of projects and injuries, very few players will be full on busts.  QBs are the exception to that rule though.  Brown and Gary have injury issues already, while Burns is too small for my taste, Tillery I just don't like, and Howard was a huge reach.

As for players I don't think live up to their draft status, I think some really likely ones are Deandre Baker, Clelin Ferrell, Devin Bush, Dexter Lawrence, Darnell Savage, Josh Jacobs, Kaleb McGary, and LJ Collier.  None of those are particularly bad players, just thought they were taken much too high.

Chris Lindstrom was overdrafted, but he'll be a quality starting guard IMO.

As for booms, I'd say Andre Dillard, Montez Sweat, and Jeffery Simmons are good candidates.  Later picks, great players, could be big steals.  Most of the top end picks will be very good, but hard to call a top 5 guy who becomes a great player a boom.  Josh Allen and TJ Hockenson I think will be good, but may not live up to expectations.

Seems like a very non hot-take kind of opinion. Very realistic. I hope you're wrong about Bush, though.

I didn't necessarily think that 16 of these players would be busts but in the spirit of the game I picked 16 I think will bust and 16 I think will boom. The ones I was less sure about I put a * next to.

Boom

Nick Bosa

Quinnen Williams

Clelin Ferrell

Devin White

TJ Hockenson

Ed Oliver

Devin Bush

Christian Wilkins

Chris Lindstrom

Dwayne Haskins

Jeffrey Simmons