Quinn is a wuss

Millenhater

So Quin always talks about trading down every year and never does and none of the players are players that are must draft players. I’m starting the think he’s just a *****. I get that he wants to hit doubles and never go for a triple or home run but that mentality that leads to 9-7 records that he believes isn’t “good enough”. I’m inthe only one that one thinks this?

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

So Quin always talks about trading down every year and never does and none of the players are players that are must draft players. I’m starting the think he’s just a *****. I get that he wants to hit doubles and never go for a triple or home run but that mentality that leads to 9-7 records that he believes isn’t “good enough”. I’m inthe only one that one thinks this?

Only thing I disagree with is that it leads to 6-10, not 9-7.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Isnt sticking to your board and taking the guy who is controversial to your fan base the move that suggests you are taking a swing for the HR? Where as trading back would be taking the doubles? 

I would have preferred taking Oliver without question, but this was not a small ball play in my opinion.

• Like 1

He is a need drafter. 

Have fun filling holes every year...

No vision just like mayhew 

Like it's a crime to have a strong unit..

We ain't going no where like this

Oh you can guarantee this pick will be ol

Edited by Rockcity2
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

He is a need drafter. 

Have fun filling holes every year...

No vision just like mayhew 

Like it's a crime to have a strong unit..

We ain't going no where like this

Oh you can guarantee this pick will be ol

I don't think that you can say he has "no vision". His vision of the team is different than what you and some other people would like to see.

I think he's looking at the fact that they rolled out a top 10 defense by the end of the year, have added pieces to that in FA and found mid-round guys like Hand who are impact starters. Our red zone offense was atrocious last year, our TE's were brutal and they want to improve the run game for this season. Quinn took a high character guy with a high floor that should check off two of those boxes.

Taking a TE in the top 10 still makes no sense in terms of positional value but this would be my best guess at his "vision" and reasoning behind the pick. I still think that Oliver would have made a ton of sense there but maybe they have some other guys in the middle rounds in mind.  

We do have a MAJOR need at RG. I can understand the hate of Hockenson with Oliver on the board and picking a TE at 8. If Risner or Ford are sitting there in round 2, this would be great value and need.

• Like 1

His vision of the team fits perfectly with the Fords vision. Have a bunch of great guys. Put character first, scheme fits second, raw impact and talent last.

I'm just bracing for them to pass on Greedy William's again and take another super great locker room guy at guard or maybe slot receiver 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't think that you can say he has "no vision". His vision of the team is different than what you and some other people would like to see.

I think he's looking at the fact that they rolled out a top 10 defense by the end of the year, have added pieces to that in FA and found mid-round guys like Hand who are impact starters. Our red zone offense was atrocious last year, our TE's were brutal and they want to improve the run game for this season. Quinn took a high character guy with a high floor that should check off two of those boxes.

Taking a TE in the top 10 still makes no sense in terms of positional value but this would be my best guess at his "vision" and reasoning behind the pick. I still think that Oliver would have made a ton of sense there but maybe they have some other guys in the middle rounds in mind.  

We do have a MAJOR need at RG. I can understand the hate of Hockenson with Oliver on the board and picking a TE at 8. If Risner or Ford are sitting there in round 2, this would be great value and need.

What is his vision... see a hole fill a hole....not how the draft should work imo

Is your vision to do things no other gms does...

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

His vision of the team fits perfectly with the Fords vision. Have a bunch of great guys. Put character first, scheme fits second, raw impact and talent last.

I'm just bracing for them to pass on Greedy William's again and take another super great locker room guy at guard or maybe slot receiver 

The reverse order isn't helping the Chiefs at the moment. Losing guys like Hill and Hunt from a roster because they're varying levels of awful people hurts the team on and off the field in a big way.

They want a corner that will tackle, which Greedy doesn't want to do.

2 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

What is his vision... see a hole fill a hole....not how the draft should work imo

Is your vision to do things no other gms does...

Based on all of the pundits, Hockenson was TE1 for everyone. So he was clearly the most talented guy at his position (to them). He's a character guy, which they like. Again, there were two things with the offense they wanted to improve upon which the position group (TE) can play a big role in - running the ball better and getting red zone scores.

I'm not arguing for taking the guy at 8. I just don't agree with the point that the pick is coming from a place with no vision just because you disagree with the vision. I don't hate the player but I really dislike where he was picked/positional value and I don't see striking differences between James and Hock.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Based on all of the pundits, Hockenson was TE1 for everyone. So he was clearly the most talented guy at his position (to them). He's a character guy, which they like. Again, there were two things with the offense they wanted to improve upon which the position group (TE) can play a big role in - running the ball better and getting red zone scores.

I'm not arguing for taking the guy at 8. I just don't agree with the point that the pick is coming from a place with no vision just because you disagree with the vision. I don't hate the player but I really dislike where he was picked/positional value and I don't see striking differences between James and Hock.

Im just done with this bs

I see no vision what is it..

Stafford has never worked well with any te..vision?

The run game... couldn't draft a lineman..this is the real problem...vision..plenty of blocking tes that run a 4.7........

4 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

The run game... couldn't draft a lineman..this is the real problem...vision..plenty of blocking tes that run a 4.7........

I hear ya my friend. It was the one pick that a bunch of us did not want to see at #8. It is what it is. He's on the team. Now we just have to look at the selection, understand why it was made and hope that the reasoning and the player match up in production. We're all just passengers on this ride.

My wife knew that the one pick that I didn't want to have happen would happen. She has seen this enough times over the years with the Lions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I hear ya my friend. It was the one pick that a bunch of us did not want to see at #8. It is what it is. He's on the team. Now we just have to look at the selection, understand why it was made and hope that the reasoning and the player match up in production. We're all just passengers on this ride.

My wife knew that the one pick that I didn't want to have happen would happen. She has seen this enough times over the years with the Lions.

Maybe your wife could be gm 

31 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Stafford has never worked well with any TE?? Explain yo-self

2 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Stafford has never worked well with any TE?? Explain yo-self

First off idt Stafford prefers to throw into the middle of the field unless it's a short pass. Imo he's too worried about the turnover...

I'll poke around and see what percentage he throws over the middle but it doesn't feel high especially anything over 20 yards.. 

And imo he has never connected with anyone at the position.. Grew got his *** kicked every Sunday bc of Staffords hesitation over the middle.. I think te hardly ever his first or second read even after drafting both in the first.. if we had a guy who preferred to throw over the middle I'd feel little better...i would rewatch games and see ebron open and Stafford see it but not let it go.. or be open to stare down a double cover wr to just dump it down...

If we're going to be a control the clock type of team why are we paying this qb so much.. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

First off idt Stafford prefers to throw into the middle of the field unless it's a short pass. Imo he's too worried about the turnover...

I'll poke around and see what percentage he throws over the middle but it doesn't feel high especially anything over 20 yards.. 

And imo he has never connected with anyone at the position.. Grew got his *** kicked every Sunday bc of Staffords hesitation over the middle.. I think te hardly ever his first or second read even after drafting both in the first.. if we had a guy who preferred to throw over the middle I'd feel little better...i would rewatch games and see ebron open and Stafford see it but not let it go.. or be open to stare down a double cover wr to just dump it down...

If we're going to be a control the clock type of team why are we paying this qb so much.. 

I think you make some valid points but a part of that had to be because of Ebron not being trusty vs Stafford not wanting to throw to the TE. Drops were a part of Ebron's MO coming into the league and it was a part of his deal while he was here as a Lion. I think Stafford didn't trust he would make the catch and looked for a guy he had more faith in making the catch.

At least Hockenson is coming into the league with a 70% completion percentage