Rounds 2 and 3 discussion thread.

Kiwibrown

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I'm not that worried by the cheifs, they have holes all over their team. I think they have a bad season this year.

They need help at skill positions, and a lot of defenders. 

Thay said we should go Duke & 80, and get their pick and a 4th.

Disagree with you there. They could possibly regress a bit from last year, but they'll still be one of the better teams in the league, IMO. But yes, a lot of their moves this offseason have been a bit puzzling.

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Disagree with you there. They could possibly regress a bit from last year, but they'll still be one of the better teams in the league, IMO. But yes, a lot of their moves this offseason have been a bit puzzling.

Bad season relatively speaking 9-7 or 10-6 but certainly not dominant.

There are a lot of very strong teams at the moment and you cant consistently make bad moves. The broncos are going to be bad, the ravens will be tough but won't have the offense to take them far, the Steelers need a lot of guys and gave up two of then with the trade. 

The Bengals I expect to be middling at best. 

The Pat's will be strong  the jags are a wild card but could be a tough team if their offense works out, same with the texans strong both sides of the ball. I think we qi be better teams tha the cheifs in the AFC, I'd be happy to give them Duke.

Buffalo could challenge for the wild card as well. 

The pack, the saints, the bears, the Vikings, eagles, the rams, seahawks are all strong nfc teams.

Man I think I really want Layne today to pair up with Ward. I think he would compliment Ward perfectly. It Just be crazy to think that the browns two starting corners HS were separated by less than 20miles. Be a cool story have two cool boys as the DBs

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And what did everyone miss about Taylor?

He seemed to be everyone’s OT1 and he’s still on the board.

I think he got bumped down because he is a RT only in my view. I think teams prioritized going after the strength of the draft in the D-Lineman that went along with the only LTs available in the draft in Dillard, Howard, and Williams. I am not sure what Atlanta was thinking except maybe a desire for a complete overhaul to the right side of their O-line. Taylor would be an excellent pick for us as we would have two big, nasty, beasts as bookend OTs for the next 5+ years. I really hope Greg Robinson keeps developing because he has such a high level of talent that he just hadn't put together until he began starting for us. I would love for us to be able to walk out of today with Jawaan Taylor and one of Nasir Adderly/Greedy Williams/Byron Murphy without giving up future picks and ideally still retaining our 4th rounder.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think a 2 year suspension is in order. If JG gets 1 year for hitting a bongo, violence against your son should get you two years. I dont think he should be punished indefinitely, that's not my style.

I think that is a little heavy given Adrian Peterson was suspended for substantially less than that while pleading No Contest to a criminal charge relating to Child Abuse. Now, Tyreek Kill has a past with this stuff, but it sounds like there won't be any criminal charges.

Would anyone want us to try to trade for Tyreek Hill, WR K.C. with one of our late round picks (i.e. a 6th or 7th)? I would do that all day everyday. If he comes back after a likely suspension and gets his life together you have the most ridiculously stacked WR group in the NFL for our young franchise QB. If he doesn't shape up you cut him while he is on his bargain basement rookie deal and big deal you lost a late round pick.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’d love to walk out with Murphy or Love at CB and I’d even roll the dice on Greedys upside/athleticism. If not, I’d be great with either OT from Florida or Kansas State or McCoy at C. Risner is a likely pick since he can play with OG/OT and provides immediate depth and a future 2020 starter, if not RT this year. I’m also great with a S. 

I would too easily, I just don't want another Justin Gilbert situation, if Dorsey did all of his research and feels he can contribute in all aspects of the game, do it

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As of now we’ve got some options.

We have a few very solid OL prospects: Risner, Ford, Taylor, McCoy, Jenkins.  I’m good with any of them.

I know it’s not a need, but WR has a ton of talent left.  I wouldn’t mind an early run at the position to start day 2. Brown, Metcalf and Samuel are all studs though.

On the DL only Dre’Mont seems worthy of the pick, depth will have to come later.  Same with LB.

Corner is another spot with a lot of talent on the board. Murphy, Williams, Love, Layne, Ya-Sin, Williams.

Safety isn’t bare either, Gardner-Johnson, Rapp, and Adderley.

There’s 18 guys I’d be just fine with at 49.  This doesn’t even account for someone possibly moving up for Lock, any RB’s, TE or G (which we don’t need) or any head scratchers.

We’re aces right now imo.

-That CB room is really stacked

- its going to be a tough trying to decide between BPA if Dre'Mont, Greedy Williams, and Nasir Adderley are all there staring at us at 49

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

If we package Duke and #49 and one of the 5th rounders, I wonder how high up the board we could get to? I am thinking in the neighborhood of #40. My target at that point would be Rock Ya-Sin or Nasir Adderly

Not worth it imo.  Just stay put.  So many guys that are about the same in my eyes.

If we reach the end of a Dorsey "tier", then make a move, I guess.  But nothing more than what you posted.

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

2nd Round Pro-Bowl Upside, Immediate Starter Quality Players Available:

1.) Nasir Adderley, CB/FS/SS-Convert Delaware

2a.) Julian Love, CB/NCB Notre Dame 

2b.) Lonnie Johnson Jr., CB Kentucky 

4.) Dalton Risner, RG/RT Kansas St.   

5.) Hakeem Butler, Boundary and Big-Slot WR Iowa St.

6.) A.J. Brown, Big-Slot WR Ole Miss

-- This is the cream of the crop based on my pre-draft evaluations and assessments. If we can walk away with one of these players, it will be as if we had a 1st round selection based on their projected impact and development imo.

-------------

2nd Round Day 2 Quality Starter Upside Players Available:

7.) Amani Oruwariye, CB Penn State  

8.) Trayvon Mullen, CB Clemson -- solid, all around payer albeit not great  

9.) D.K. Metcalf, WR Ole Miss               

10.) Sean Bunting, CB Central Michigan

11.) Max Scharping, RT Northern Illinois

12.) Hjalte Froholdt, OG Arkansas

13.) JJ Arcega-Whiteside, TE-Convert Stanford (As TE Only)

14.) Elgton Jenkins, OC Miss. St.

15a.) Chase Winovich, DE Michigan

15b.) Taylor Rapp, SS  Washington

16.) Greg Little, Ole Miss (Hated HATED his tape early on and thought he was trash by the 8th game no Tackle played better seriously)

17.) Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida -- I've said he's overrated from the very beginning ... even still he could be a solid developmental LT with high upside in round 2

18.) Chidi Okeke, OT TSU

-------------

2nd Round Quality Contributor with Starter Upside Players Available that I'd Rather Trade Down:

18.) Irv Smith Jr., TE Alabama

19.) Byron Murphy, CB Washington (zone bail technique exclusive CB, ultra talented, is scheme dependent and won't tackle and isn't forceful)

20.) Rock Ya-Sin, CB Temple

21.) Greedy Williams, CB LSU

-------------

2nd Round Pass, Doesn't Fit our Scheme Replacement Level Impact for Us:

1.) Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, FS Florida -- Famtastic short armed nickel DB with slot instincts and instincts as nearer to the box range FS.. not a SS.. not forceful in the run

2.) Juan Thornhill, FS Virginia -- Extremely versatile, long, Finesse player, won't tackle, isn't forceful, no urgency, average instinct to range-playmake

3.) Zach Allen, Boston College -- 34 5-tech convert or replacement impact as 43DE

-------------

2nd Round Stay-Away Avoid, Replacement Level Impact for Us:

1.) Parris Campbell, WR Ohio State -- gadget player that can't catch at all and can't run routes and a lot more... just no...

2.) Justin Layne, CB Michigan State -- raw tools... great character... great willing tackler...i've spoken about this a ton... slow feet, slow eyes, no functional long speed to run in phase or run down field with WR after transition from backpedal.. stiff hips... stiffs knees

3.) Cody Ford, OT Oklahoma -- doesn't have the feet and is a swinging door when going back 2 years ago to watch his film as a Guard on the inside. He's better at RT keeping players at arms length and dominating with physicality. In that role as a RT, he could still be average replacement level.

4.) Dre’Mont Jones, DT Ohio State -- Gets dominated in the run and gets pushed around in pass blocking... is only a situational pass rusher inside but will be great at that role for some team... 3rd to 4th round player

5.) Amani Hooker, S Iowa -- Amazingly versatile. Will not exceed average, replacement level at next level.

6.) Germain Pratt, LB NC State -- Will always be replacement level at the next level for us; therefore, better to use the pick else on a player above that ability.

7.) Jaylon Ferguson, DE La Tech -- College Production amazing actually game is underwhelming; pro game transition will be even worse.

8.) Trysten Hill, DT UCF -- Football character is really bad; a negative value add to our locker room

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

Would anyone want us to try to trade for Tyreek Hill, WR K.C. with one of our late round picks (i.e. a 6th or 7th)? I would do that all day everyday. If he comes back after a likely suspension and gets his life together you have the most ridiculously stacked WR group in the NFL for our young franchise QB. If he doesn't shape up you cut him while he is on his bargain basement rookie deal and big deal you lost a late round pick.

At some point, we need to be concerned about public perception, so I wouldn't do it.  But I'm quite sure Dorsey has at least thought about it.

I really like the mid- to late-round WR's in this draft.  Take your favorite and call it a draft (for WR's).

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

At some point, we need to be concerned about public perception, so I wouldn't do it.  But I'm quite sure Dorsey has at least thought about it.

I really like the mid- to late-round WR's in this draft.  Take your favorite and call it a draft (for WR's).

Yeah folks don’t mind rolling the dice on a character concern every now and then, but there’s a tipping point.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Hill isnt of need, his crimes are much worse than hunts.  I'd stay away. 

If we can get an improvement at no. 2 corner let's roll with that. Or a ss/fs.

Yeah we have no need for a WR at all.